Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone trying it ?
Tell me your results and impressions, please...

I'm trying to configure the PSX pad with DirectPad driver in ePSXE for analog devices, but this is damn difficult... :confused:

Greetings

HamsterX

·
Registered
168 Posts
to use directpad pro with epsxe use 'digital only'
click on the box button and press on the pad which button you want to use

for analog psx pad i never tried it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had sucess with analog once only. I configured ePSXe and DirectPad for analog mode with force feedback in Gran Turismo. Worked great ! :D

But as I said... it worked once only... it looks like the ePSXe configuration thingy works bad with any kind of analog device :(

I wonder why ePSXe creators don't use the plugin system for the pad config :mad:

HamsterX

·
Registered
1 Posts
At the joypad control pannel
I thinks it.s better if you set your controller as "psx 6-axis pad", not the "psx digital" even if youre not using a dual shock controller.

Then at the epsxe pad setup
Choose digital/analog. Then with the analong feture off (the red LED is off) then map every single button on the pad including the d-pad. Then turn the analog feature on, for the left stick push the left analog stick up/down for y-axis, and left/right for x-axis. The for the right stick push up/down for y-axis (it'll be registered as rz-axis), and left/right for x-axis (it'll be z-axis), and both the L3 and R3 button can only be set when the analog feature is switched on.

When the analog feature is on my digitial directional button doesnt seems to work anymore, I donno if this is normal or not, but i overcame this problem by using rb-joy, to map the button to a keyboard stroke.

And while in game press f5 to switch between analog and digital. Some games wont accept analog at all.

Do any of you get any slowdown when turning the rumble effect. With tekken 3, every time the controller is rumblingthe frame rate will drop 50%. is this normal or my duron 900 / geforce MX is too slow?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
> set your controller as "psx 6-axis pad", not the "psx digital"

Already doing so... psx 6 axis in the directpad control panel from the start. But I'll check the setup in epsxe, to confirm.
And this is funny... when playing GT, analog mode, my pad feeds epsxe with some strange input... the game menu is always popping, as if someone pressed the Start button. Argh...
But thanks for all the info, it cleared some doubts.

Tell me... how does your pad behave when you try to calibrate it in the control panel ? Mine goes completely screwed when I try ro calibrate :( But I own a "clone" pad, not a genuine PSX pad, so maybe...

> any slowdown when turning the rumble effect ?

In GT, none at all. Never tried Tekken 3...

> duron 900 / geforce MX is too slow?

I don't think your machine is slow. How much RAM do you have ?

P3-600, 256 MB, GeForce DDR here. All games in epsxe running fine, with or without the pad.

Regards
HamsterX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts