Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately I've been using pSX a lot more often because it generally makes the most popular games run just fine and without any configurations.

First problem I ran into was Threads of Fate, which will be glitchy on pSX, but it happens really early.

In Thousand Arms, it doesn't happen until late in the game. Giving Wyna a speficic present triggers a freeze and also walking outside of a door and during a cutscene you cant get around, it freezes.

Now why am I posting this here? Well, I know that there's nothing anyone in the pSX board can do to help me. The game freezes there. There's really no configurations to change. That's all there is to it.

Is there anyway I can convert my save data for pSX into save data and epsxe will recognize? This will be the only way I could continue this game.

· Elven-Dragon Mage
3,090 Posts
you shouldnt have to convert the memory card files at all if they are in mcr format you just need to eaither copy them over to epsxes memory card folder or point epsxe to the memoery cards in the psx memory card folder. ive done it the second way for when one game doesnt work at a c ertain point on one emulator i switch over and use the other emulator to get past it then switch back without having to reconfigure the memory cards or switch them around

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just downloaded MemcardRex but it says, ".NET Framework 2.0 is required" on the website. I have no idea what that is. I'm about to try and run it anyway.

And Lasnap, pSX does not save data in mcr files. They're bin files, and there is one bin for each whole memroy card, not each piece of individual data on the memory card...

As I wrote out that last bit, I hesitantly wondered whether this would really work... Is it going to?

· Elven-Dragon Mage
3,090 Posts
i know for a fact that psx uses the mcr format for memory cards cuase thats what i use when i set it up and are you positive your looking in the memory card folder at the file extension? and the folder is the cards folder not the save folder. if i have to ill post a screenshot of the file so you can see that it certainly does

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.