Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read something about using video drivers to force the full screen resolution into something other than 720 x 480 or 640 x 480. I'm using an ATi Radeon x850 video card, but I'm absolutely lost when it comes to forcing video modes. Do any of you know how accomplish this?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
nvidia cards can do it with their xp drivers, radeons cant, only with a 3rd party app (Powerstrip). It's a lot of hassle and the only thing you can possibly gain is full screen resolution for PAL games (but that would affect ntsc games a lot).

·
lazy shmupper
897 Posts
I have an ATI mobility X1700 and when I want to play SSF in fullscreen I just use a standard CRT TV (via GFX's S-Video/TV-out) and activate OVERSCAN in my GFX's settings.
Well this way the image might even be a bit too large and of poor quality if your tv doesn't have an S-Video IN and is connected to your pc via a scart adapter, but this is the best way I know of playing SSF in fullscreen. And it looks a bit closer to the real Saturn too. Kind of ^^.

(PS: on my old laptop I had an ATI 7200 with old drivers, and this one did stretch the image in fullscreen mode on my lcd display, using old SSF007 versions. Unfortunately the poor P4 cpu wasn't sufficient to reach full speeds).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts