Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
currently i have 2 different installation folder for ePSXE: one installation folder for ePSXe 1.7.0, that i use to run at 60fps FF VII PAL version (it doesn't work at 60fps with the latest 2.0.5 version) and the other one for the 2.0.5 installation that i usually use.

Well, when i configure a 2D or 3D game, i Save particular setting for each game. Now it seems that even if i configure in epSXE 2.0.5 some settings for a specific game, they aren't applied, probably because i don't configure ePSXe 1.7.0 too.
For example, in ePSXe 2.0.5 i have this setting for a new game:

but i'm sure that when i run the game, these settings aren't applied. I tried to modify some settings ant nothing change, it means that the settings aren't applied...
If i try to apply same settings in ePSXe 1.7.0, it isn't possible, because ePSXE GPU core 2.0.0 isn't available:

Do you know how can I solve this little issue? I have a new 2D game to configure and as usual i want to apply the settings above. I configured all my previous games when i only had ePSXe 2.0.5 version configured, so probably i dind't notice this issue. Later i added the installation folder of ePSXe 1.7.0 and now it seems that it is not possible to do the same game configuration for 2D games :(

thank yo!u

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
EDIT: i tried for example to modify the Scanline Thickness from 1 to 8, and i saved the Game config, but the parameter isn't be saved, in the config file it is equal to 1... i don't know why...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know, but i read that Duckstation isn't able to run PAL 50Hz games at 60Hz. Currently i'm using ePSXe 1.7.0 to run Final Fantasy VIII (patched ITA) PAL version at 60Hz. This is not possible with Duckstation. Yes sure i could use it for all other PSX games, but i hav't configured it yet. Is it possible to use scanlines?
Currently i have 2 different main configurations for PSX games: one for 2D games and another one for 3D Games. When i start ePSXe, it automatically detect the configuration file for each game in my collection and runs it with the right configuration.
I don't know if Duskstation can do this..

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,547 Posts
You can do a +25% speedup and get 62fps.

Font Screenshot Software Technology Multimedia

Scanlines is in the post processing section as a shader.

Computer Photograph Screenshot Personal computer Font

You can set global settings as well as set per-game settings by right-clicking a game -> Properties.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah ok! so i can set up +25% only for Final Fantasy VII in its per-game setting section?
I could follow these guided to configure it? Or do you suggest anything else still better?

thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Duckstation is currently one of the best PSX emus hands down especially when it comes to its features.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
thanks,
i'm trying to configure better graphic for 2D and 3D games, as soon as possible similar to the original crt effect. I think that i have to set scanlined with post processing and Texture Filtering = Bilinear or Bilinear (No Edge Blending), i don't notiche the difference... but 2D graphic is good in this way! Is it also possible to add a crt effect with curved edge?

1) now, if i set a good setting for a 2D games, i have to stop it and then right click --> Properties --> Texture Filtering = Bilinear. And nothing else, if i want to keep stil valid all the others default setting of the emulator, is it correct? If so, is it possible to copy this setting for all 2D games or is it necessry to perform this action for every game?

2) Is it possible, when i play in fullscreen mode, return to the windowed mode? If i push ESC, it appear a pop up asking me if i want to exit from the emulator...
thanks

3) in order to play FF VIII PAL (patched in ITA lanuage) to 60hz without audio syncronization issue, is it better to set Emulation Speed = 125% or is it better to set this option?

thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts