Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it may only b by a few frames but on my p2 450 thats a lotta difference, it may just b me but i could swear im gettin less fps, n e 1 else noticed?

S

·
0 Posts
Which Detonators are you using? If they are the 12.60s, then that is what i am using also and I have noticed no difference in performance such as a drop in speed. But then I am using a GEForce 2 GTS card and the 12.60s are actually optimized for and intended for the GEForce 3 line of cards. Since a GEForce 2 GTS is closer to a GEForce 3 than a TNT 2 that may account for the drop w/your card. Also I am running an Athlon 1.2ghz processor and that probably helps the speed as well.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well till i get a new machine which will b a while im stuck wit p2 450 tnt2 23mb m64 card 128mb ram so if the old drivers r beta i need to reinstall them! im cant tell for sure it could just b me but it defnitly aint faster.. mind u they r beta aint they

S

·
0 Posts
Again, I'm not sure which drivers you are talking about, but as far as I know, the entire 12.00 series Detonator drivers, from 12.00 -12.60, are unoffical betas. So, yes, the ones that you are using are most likely betas.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
i think the: "don't fix what ain't broken" applies here.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I read somewhere a while back that it was around the release of detonator 6.xx that they started tweaking them for geforce instead of TNT. That's why I use 5.45 detonator and it works well for me. A month or so ago I tried the 11.00 release and they didn't give me any speed boost. The 11.00 actually made it so that I couldn't use all the standard resolutions in some of my games, so I went back to 5.45

C

·
0 Posts
The TNT2 was maxed by the detonators a long time ago, newer driverupdates will only fix stability, compatibility, etc.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I understand that CD, but when I installed the 11.00 detonator I was unable to play the PC game Deus Ex in 1600x1200. It wouldn't even give me the option within the game, but with 5.45 it works. Any ideas why?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts