Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· CoLD InSiDE
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question? try to give me some detials if there is difference........and yess G-Force 256 is DDR...not TNT2.......!

Ali

· AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
its g-force or geforce???
coz ive heard some time ago, like two weeks, a question some like yours
and as i remeber, the g-force card, doesnt use any NVIDIA chipset
instead some crappy S3 one
so be carefull
g-force is not GEFORCE!!!!!!!

· Registered
1,009 Posts
The TNT2 M64 is a 'budget' TNT2.
It's basically a bandwidth-castrated TNT2.

The GeForce 256 was the successor of the TNT2, the first of the GeForce family of chips. There is a flavor that uses DDR SDRAM.

So, to answer your question, no they are not the same. In fact, they are entirely different.

· CoLD InSiDE
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies....but one question is still forgotten to be answered, what is the difference between their performances.....!....I mean how many times is a G-Force 256 better then a TNT2 m64....!

As for the Geforce.......I saw it yesterday thats why I am not buying a card of some crappy company, but Instead of a a reknown and well established company....(Asus ;) )

I might also be interested in some details like, band width, pixels etc etc
Ali

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Originally posted by guwapings
Sorry to butt in...Will i get some speed boost with epsxe if i upgraded my tnt2m64 with a geforce2mx? Or its just a waste of money? my comp is amdk6-2 500mhz.

Thanks
If you want to upgrade your video card to a geforce2, you should upgrade your cpu too. Your K6-2 would be a bottleneck, holding back the geforce2, and it would never get to its full performance.

· Registered
318 Posts
Originally posted by guwapings
Sorry to butt in...Will i get some speed boost with epsxe if i upgraded my tnt2m64 with a geforce2mx? Or its just a waste of money? my comp is amdk6-2 500mhz.

Thanks
will it give u more speed? well maybe but not much, tol tip ko sayo: mag upgrade ka kahit kaunti ng processor(mura na lang ang athlon, kahit 850mhz lang) coz K6-2 has no L2 cache and it's performance is not even equall to a Pentium 2.

This was the samething I did some years ago I upgraded my k6-2 333 to an athlon 750 but I sticked with my savage 4, then when i got some money i added a GeForce 256.

Also try waiting for the GF2GTS or GF2PRO's price to go down, it might catch-up with GF2MX prices, and trust me they're much better than MX.

but if you do plan to get GF2MX then go for the mx400, mx200 is a heavily castrated MX like having a TNT2 M64 only with GF2 capabilities(like FSAA but enabling FSAA in mx200 is SUPER SLOW, dunno why they put it in there)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.