Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man im cheesed off, 3 days off my life trying to emulate the playstation1, what a minefield of total frustration.

problems range from no ingame music to stuttery sound and graphics (caused by epsxe refusal to run properly on a dual core pc, and yes i did try the patch which does not come with the files it says need to be unzipped)

so i try epsxe on a single core pc, same winxp operating system, same plugins, same everything else, and bloody lo and behold epsxe wont load due to some bloody texture then pixel count error and then like a petulant child resets my windows resolution to vga standard.

3 days of trying to get games to run with ingame music, which is a hit or miss affair, epsxe runs some ok but graphics and sound stutter and slowdown on a 2ghz pc (dual core issues or something else), pseven runs smoothly and flawlessy but no bloody ingame music on some games, same as psxfin (why in buggery will epsxe run, for example, stahlfeder with ingame music and yet pseven and psxfin will not, but psxeven and psxfin run much smoother and with a lot less hassle than epsxe).

in the past 9 years the emulation of playstation1 has got bloody nowhere, bugger me, even the humble psp runs playstation games superbly, but on the pc platform, its a confusing and half baked bloody mess.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
man im cheesed off, 3 days off my life trying to emulate the playstation1, what a minefield of total frustration.

problems range from no ingame music to stuttery sound and graphics (caused by epsxe refusal to run properly on a dual core pc, and yes i did try the patch which does not come with the files it says need to be unzipped)

so i try epsxe on a single core pc, same winxp operating system, same plugins, same everything else, and bloody lo and behold epsxe wont load due to some bloody texture then pixel count error and then like a petulant child resets my windows resolution to vga standard.

3 days of trying to get games to run with ingame music, which is a hit or miss affair, epsxe runs some ok but graphics and sound stutter and slowdown on a 2ghz pc (dual core issues or something else), pseven runs smoothly and flawlessy but no bloody ingame music on some games, same as psxfin (why in buggery will epsxe run, for example, stahlfeder with ingame music and yet pseven and psxfin will not, but psxeven and psxfin run much smoother and with a lot less hassle than epsxe).

in the past 9 years the emulation of playstation1 has got bloody nowhere, bugger me, even the humble psp runs playstation games superbly, but on the pc platform, its a confusing and half baked bloody mess.
Epic fail.

Do you see that little search box in the upper right corner of the web page? I haven't asked a single ePSXe question. Why? Others already have asked and had their questions answered. Your problems have been answered many times over. Hence, why search is so useful.

Anyway, if ePSXe is too much for you, maybe you should try psx.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
lets change it to fedupwithmylowintelligencequota.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
anyway, a proper indication of system specifications are required otherwise nobody can provide assistance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all for interesting comments.

i must admit i was in a wee bit of a p***y fit when i posted the op, man, psx emulation is frustrating.

my dual core turion 64x2 mobile t160 2ghz with nvidia geforce 8400m gs graphics card will not run any game smoothly, intermittant slowdown and stuttering sound.

my 1.6 single core atom with onboard intel graphics runs stuff better (thanx rikki for suggesting changing graphics plugin for different cards) but still suffers some slowdown.

and of course theres still the big prob of no ingame music in some games, but thats not of major concern right now, getting epsxe running full speed on the turion is priority.

any way to get the spu sound core built into epsxe 1.7.0 as a standalone plugin to use in psxeven/psxfin, thats maybe the only way to get ingame music in stuff like stahlfeder on those emus.

cheers

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Install the AMD Dual Core Optimiser (or windows 7) and set the system power mode to High performance, rather then balanced.
Install Forceware 182.50
The only plugins that support CDDA music are dependant on combination.

Internal spu + internal CDR plugin.
or Eternal SPU + Sapu CDR 1.3.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.