Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got breath of fire 4 today and the characters look all blurry looking is this the way it is supposed to be? Because xenogears looks the same....the plugins im useing r.....d3d pete,and the rest r all the epsxe core plugins:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Yup,thats a product of filtering 2d sprites, they get blurry. Solution?? turn off filtering of Sprites (A setting of 3 or 4 in the config menu for pete's plugin's.)

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Or disable it completely, and you can also try the scanlines in pete's plugins the look good with a brightness of 200 (apart from some weird screen transitions <- read framebuffer effects -> they are good to use, if you can afford the little, yet present, performance hit)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Of course just saying that they're blurry doesn't mean much, a picture would be worth more. But obviously you should research what bilinear filtering does. And if you don't think the plug-in is outputting what it should be, you can always experiment with the settings in it to see if you can find something more appealing to your eye, like disabling filtering, or scanlines.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You might want to try software rendering, too.

I use it because I can't do anything else, but I actually prefer it over 'enhanced' modes because it's more true to the original PSX graphics. You might want to give it a try.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Originally posted by notorious smile
i just got breath of fire 4 today and the characters look all blurry looking is this the way it is supposed to be? Because xenogears looks the same....the plugins im useing r.....d3d pete,and the rest r all the epsxe core plugins:confused: :confused:
isn't this guy not supposed to post after October 22? :confused: oh well...maybe it's just a timezone thingy.

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Wow, why did I haven't bought a V5? Why? WHYYYY?
This image is great, makes me want to throw something more through the window...

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Re: Re: is breath of fire 4 supposed to look like this?

Originally posted by Keiichi

isn't this guy not supposed to post after October 22? :confused: oh well...maybe it's just a timezone thingy.
Yeah, that was posted just before he was banned again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts