Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I mean the game will look nicer with 3d support and of course vgs is perfect when it come to compatibility...'the best just got better'

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean. The 3D graphics suck on VGS. I just ran Chrono Cross on epsxe yesterday and I couldn't believe how gorgeous the graphics were. If they put in higher resolution rendering and high color support in VGS it would look so much better, even if it wasn't through video hardware. Still, the purpose of emulation is to emulate the hardware of a particular system as closely as possible, and VGS does its job in that respect. I have a lot of 2D PSX games and VGS performs superbly on those.

·
Nii Yugito fangirl #1
1,333 Posts
VGS doesn't need 3D acceleration, it works at a fine speed anyway. What they SHOULD work on is making the sound emulation better (it's horrible! and no reverb at all, have to use EAX's to be able to stand the sound at my other computer, but that computer is sloooow so I don't play on that one anyway) AND give VGS the possibility to work on Win NT/2k AND Pentium 4 (so I can run on this computer, as well as more people can).

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Nice discussion until now.Yes vgs is good in its current state and fact remains it doesnt support 3d.So thats all .If sony allows another version of vgs then it surely will have 3d because these days competition is really tough with plugin based emulators improving every day.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts