Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well do you know if any plug-ins or patch for vgs 1.4 ? It's perfect if support 3D accelerator.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
if that happens all....
even kids will know it coz the news will dominate the board!!!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Interesting...............
Will anybody hack this dead good emulator..........
And add 3D on it.............
I sure there are a person can do that...........

·
Entity Alpha
75 Posts
Eh...just go with ePSXe if you want the 3D function. Everything will probably slow down if VGS adds a 3D feature...hm?

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Actually, it'll speed up

VGS has software rendering for 3D graphics. If it had Direct3D or OpenGL support then the emulator will speed up, because it's using hardware acceleration. Of this all depends on the speed of the video card, but generally 3D acceleration speeds up the rendering process.

·
Registered
551 Posts
hmmm...I think VGS will not support 3D till the time comes...coz VGS is doing fine now and with those *crappy* graphics, VGS can have a very high compatibility, imagine if that's 3D, anyhow, just wait till June 30th 2001, maybe we should get some news about VGS...

·
Entity Alpha
75 Posts
If 3D rendering makes everything go faster, then why when I run Chrono Cross in ePSXe, and when I'm on Fargo's ship, the game is REALLLY slow and ePSXe can't even render the ocean correctly....

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
eli2k, you got it all wrong.
"3D rendering" is not an option. It is what the computer HAS to do, in order to display a "3D" game properly.

The difference is that VGS does it all in software, i.e. the CPU is doing most of the job.
While other emulators, such as bleem! and ePSXe, can use some help from the hardware 3D accelerators. Therefore reducing the load on the CPU, which can then improve on the overall speed.

Futhermore, because the hardware 3D accelerators have nothing else to do :), they can actually do a BETTER job at "3D rendering" than the CPU usually does, so you get a better looking picture.

When people ask "will VGS support 3D"? What they really mean is rather it can use the help from hardware 3D accelerators.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hmmmm

Im very interested in this amount of posts about 3d in vgs. Untill now i wasnt really thinking about it, Mybe i could try alittle something with the emu and keep yall posted.

Maybe.................................

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well........i guest anybody know that vgs dun support 3d for now.
Maybe it will support it in the next version of vgs.
If you really want good graphic with emulator, you can either get ePSXe or just buy a PSX

·
Registered
251 Posts
>>If you really want good graphic with emulator, you can either get ePSXe or just buy a PSX

or...support bleemcast:p
who knows...maybe they'll release paks for all psx games:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Originally posted by Gam3rX
>>If you really want good graphic with emulator, you can either get ePSXe or just buy a PSX

or...support bleemcast:p
who knows...maybe they'll release paks for all psx games:)
you mean buy a Playstation 2

·
Registered
313 Posts
sometimes i read the threads in this vgs forum...there is a phrase that keeps appearing all the time 'if you want better (...) use epsxe'
I think that in not a far away future this will become the anti-vgs forum....
don't look at me that way!! i also made that kind of regards against vgs...this is like everything in life: the surviving of the strongest !!!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Enigma is right, if someone can add 3d features to this emulator, the emulation sure is perfect!!!

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Originally posted by hoyoyo80
Enigma is right, if someone can add 3d features to this emulator, the emulation sure is perfect!!!
VGS is already perfect. If they added 3D accelerator support not only would it lower compatibility but it would also no longer be true PSX emulation. Although other emulators try to enhance the visuals using decided video hardware VGS renders the graphics exactly like a real PSX, without enhancements(except for DirectDraw enhancements). Blitters are one thing, but rendering the graphics through a 3D card is a completely different thing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts