Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PCSX2.net

Some screenshots of video playback in PCSX2! This is Virtua Fighter 4!

But to add to that, here are some more :D

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed, though there are still many bugs atm, it was nice to get stuff from Virtua Fighter 4, I ended up making 95 shots from the entire movie, though shadow picked some sweet ones to put up on the pcsx2 site :D

below is a shot from Devil May Cry and WWX Rumble Roses....video loops on first frames, so can't post more.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
That's awesome! I can't wait until PS2 emulation is at the level of ePSXe!!:D It's come so far already, I'm totally impressed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The emulator is making progess good work guys! About the other topic. You have to realize that ive been on thousands of forums over the years and reading the "rules and regulations" and "faqs" is something i gave up so long ago.

I used to read so many of them they were all the same thing "No Bad Language, no spam etc" so to read it on this forum was something that i just passed up. Sorry for not taking the time to read the Faqs, ive read em now and understand the EMU's progress and have read the configuration chart as well.

:thumb:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Amazing progress, congratulations to the team

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
What kind of video does the IPU process? Is this the same kind that uses pss sound and mpeg 2? Or is it graphically processed (rather than streamed)?

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
generalplot said:
What kind of video does the IPU process? Is this the same kind that uses pss sound and mpeg 2? Or is it graphically processed (rather than streamed)?
The IPU processes Mpeg and Pss streams seperately from the graphics units, the IPU does most of the hard work :)

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad you like, for the VF4 shots you can actually double the FPS, they where taken in interpriter mode, but it works in VUrec and REC, so actually you do get more speed :D

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
refraction said:
The IPU processes Mpeg and Pss streams seperately from the graphics units, the IPU does most of the hard work :)
That's what I thought. So my guess is the GPU handles all the graphically generated cutscene movies, while the IPU handles mpeg 2/pss video streaming.

·
Registered
166 Posts
so.... is it possible to pass on some processing to some hardware? I'm thinking that perhaps video capture cards etc with hardware mpeg decoding/encoding could perhaps take care of some of the IPU work, thus freeing some resources of the cpu to do other stuff...

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eventually patches for video will become redundant, but keep them for now, as alot still doesn't work :evil:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts