1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Emu author
1,488 Posts
Don't be fooled by this SPU plugin that seemingly appeared out of nowhere and has no configurator, it is very good. I tried it on a lot of games and on some it rivals Null2's and the internal SPU for ADPCM sound. Its XA playback is decent.. it has some problems with snapping in general, but this probably will be fixed in due time. Contrary to some popular belief this isn't an old SPU created a long time ago intended only to be used for PSEmuPro... it definitely supports ePSXe savestates and I'm almost positive it has reverb and ADSR (it seems inaccurate though) support which would mean that it was designed with the "new" SPU specification in mind, the one that ePSXe was the first to support.

- Exophase

·
Registered
48 Posts
How do we set it up though? The readme's in Japanese (?) and I can't understand that to see which registry setting does what.

·
Emu author
1,488 Posts
Exophase

You can change some values in the registry for buffer sizes but I haven't been successful with this, that is, when the SPU runs again it just changes them back to their defaults... you don't need to configure anything for it to work though (kinda like the internal SPU..)

- Exophase

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
In fact it just say 1.3 not 1.30................
It made nice sound...............
Anyway it will be quiet good if someone telll how to config it..........

·
Old Geezer
148 Posts
Good. Very good. XA sounds definitely better. Hope there are more updates to this. By the way, would any of you guys like a front end for this spu plugin, so that you would just run the frontend instead of going to regedit and looking for the correct keys? Just for the meantime, before the plugin get's its own config menu...

·
Registered
536 Posts
This Great sound plugin, try config it
Here is my config:
-Highresolutionmode 0x00000000(0)
-SoundButtersize 0x00000030(48)
-XAButtersize 0x00000050(80)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've tried it on FFIX, it plays the MDECS flawlessly.. only problem i noticed right off the bat that made me go back to NULLS2 was this, when moving around the menu's (even the first one new game/ continue) the sound should be a a quick blip.. blip.. as you move to little hand cursor, instead it kinda like echoes.. or a long reverb or somethin.. I tried setting the HIGHRES to 1 in the registry but it doesn't seem to do anything. But boy it sure works great for the MDECS =)

Dr|zzt

·
Registered
551 Posts
hmm...I wonder why my Iorispu is slowing down my FPS on ePSXe when I tried Winning Eleven... Note: Usually I use 40.0 FPS and it run perfect all the time but when I use Iori, the FPS dropped to 19.**, I used defaultl config for Iori

1 - 20 of 21 Posts