Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, i've been using chankast .25 and have been trying to play Sonic Adventure. The common problem i experience is that i get a pop up stating IO error during Sonic when the games goes into a load screen to load up the next stage/AREA. Im wondering, if i used older versions of Chankast would i have a better chance of going further into sonic, or is there any solution to overcome this problem with Chankast while playing sonic? TiA

Edit: To be exact, Chankast stops operating, when i enter the train in the cave during the Mystic Ruins level.

By the way, is there anyway to quick save with this emulator??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When i installed Daemon 3.29 i kept getting BSOD (blue screen) and my computer would restart. I installed the latest version of daemon and the problem didn't occur anymore.... any other solution please?

·
Posteur du dimanche
233 Posts
Of course, 3.29 is a very old and buggy version : I had a lot of problems too unlike the last version. You can also try alcohol 120%.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
THanks Physicien, Alcohol 120% was able to get throught IO error that Daemons tools couldnt get through :)

Edit: I just got to the Twinkle Stage 5 in Sonic's adventure, and the game/emulator just freezes . Not only did I try mounting the the game with Deamon Tools and Alcohol, but i also made the emulator read directly from the game disc... So i guess this is how far i can go with the chankast emulator??? :-/

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh well, I think it's best if i just put chankast aside, and hope another emulator comes around the block. Thanks for your help though..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.