Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have played several games in my time. And some of the things that really catch me are the intro movies. Sometimes the game will have just a really "awesome" intro that just really make you want to play the game. Despite how good or bad it is.

Blizzard IMO has some of the best.

Warcraft 3 intro.
World of Warcraft intro.
I also loved the Dead or Alive 2 intro (Though its not a CG intro))

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Soul Blade's intro for the psx impressed me a lot on its time.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
I liked Black & Whites Intro, Deus Ex Invisible War's intro was pretty sweet, and any star wars game with the scrolling text gets me psyched :p

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Ghen Wars for the Sega Saturn and the intro for Final Fantasy VIII. For the time was amazed at how real it looked :p

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
astroduck said:
Metal Gear Solid series intro are just one of the best intros ever IMO.
Totally agreed. :agree:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Final Fantasy VIII intro amazed me back then.

good intros of newer games would be:

Pro Evolution Soccer 4
Warhammer 40.000
World Of WarCraft

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Half-life2 the train station scene (if you could call that an intro) was great
ZOE2 has a good intro as well as the MGS series and Warhammer40K Dawn Of War was good

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
Despite being a sucky game; FFVIII had nice FMVs, including the intro. Hmm what else...? Xenogears' intro was awesome too, the dubs werent that impressive though. Metal Gear Solid was nice too...hmm, can't really think of more :p

Yours,
-Elly

S

·
0 Posts
definately the sonic adventure one... I saw it in a gamestore the first time when they'd imported a DC from Japan. and it's still a cool intro even today!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Funny i allways had the thought of making a thread like this. I just ADORE watching game intros, game traillers and some movie traillers. Some times i spend hours doing so. Some of the best intros i've seen

Never Winter Nights
Warcraft 3 (altough the trailler was WAY WAY better)
World of Warcraft
Diablo 2 (probably the best one, i still remember getting the game, install it, run & quit the game 3 times so i could watch it 3 times)
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy X trailler (one trailler was simply amazing)
FFAC traillers
FF Spirits Within trailler
Hitman Contracts
DBZ: Budokai 2 (that japonese song along with the clips is sooo cool :p)

Hum ill post somemore if i remember

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Mmmm... lots of intros made me go "WOW"... namely the intros of:
* Sakura Taisen 1, 2, 3 and 4
* Warcraft III
* Final Fantasy VIII
* Sonic Adventure
* Sonic CD
* Sonic Heroes (yes... the opening appealed a lot to me)
* Resident Evil 2 (it was really good back then)
* Parasite Eve
* Chrono Cross
* Shogo (3D violence + Jpop song... I mean it, it's superb)

·
band
4,912 Posts
id say all the ffs from 7 and up (cept XI cuz i havent seen that game yet) wowed me back in their day. others were already said.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
soul reaver games, warcraft 3, and especially chrono cross, i even liked ff9's intro, the music was kinda cool once you got used to its uniqueness

·
Registered
84 Posts
Samor said:
definately the sonic adventure one... I saw it in a gamestore the first time when they'd imported a DC from Japan. and it's still a cool intro even today!
I couldn't agree more, I was drooling when I came in the game store when they showed this footage before the release of dreamcast, man the first time I see CG graphics so good, coming from the first ever 128bit console, dreamcast.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
It's nothing spectacular really, but the intro to Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories wowed me. I guess mostly because it was a full-framerate, full-sized, decent-lengthed FMV . . . something I wasn't expecting on the GBA.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts