Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) How come if I have it set on anything but "Native" I get a little crop of the image on the bottom - maybe about 1/10 of the image (cuts off copyright text, etc.). I spent an hour trying literally 80 different combos but everyone cut off the bottom of the picture in my games. I click on "Native" and everything shows up fine. Obviously, I want to take advantage of this option, but not at the sacrifice of image. Any ideas on what's going on?:???:

2) What causes those black vertical lines, exactly? I can avoid it by adjust the pixels a bit, but I just want to know what causes this so I know exactly how to avoid it? And why is the default at 1024x1024 if it causes these terrible black vertical lines?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does no one else have cropping AND black lines at the default 1024x1024 with Native unchecked. I was hoping I wasn't going to be the only one here. Damn, i'm lucky! :lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...with macrosss work?? Not sure I follow.

I did turn off all speed hacks but no difference. Take a look at the screens here. One using just "native" and the other with it set to the default of 1024x1024. You can see the lines and the cropping.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Upscaled resolutions is a quality feature that works in most games.
Your game seems to hate it though, and thus you need to live with it or use native (=only well supported) res.
I guess your right, it is game dependant. RE Dead Aim and Tekken 5 hate this, but Silent Hill Origins has no lines, no cropping when using a custom internal res. Good to know. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts