Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) How come if I have it set on anything but "Native" I get a little crop of the image on the bottom - maybe about 1/10 of the image (cuts off copyright text, etc.). I spent an hour trying literally 80 different combos but everyone cut off the bottom of the picture in my games. I click on "Native" and everything shows up fine. Obviously, I want to take advantage of this option, but not at the sacrifice of image. Any ideas on what's going on?:???:

2) What causes those black vertical lines, exactly? I can avoid it by adjust the pixels a bit, but I just want to know what causes this so I know exactly how to avoid it? And why is the default at 1024x1024 if it causes these terrible black vertical lines?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,507 Posts
.....?

This problem may just be specific to your system or the game you're playing. I've never encountered such problems before.

Post up some pics to show people what you mean, as well as graphics plugin settings.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
1) How come if I have it set on anything but "Native" I get a little crop of the image on the bottom - maybe about 1/10 of the image (cuts off copyright text, etc.). I spent an hour trying literally 80 different combos but everyone cut off the bottom of the picture in my games. I click on "Native" and everything shows up fine. Obviously, I want to take advantage of this option, but not at the sacrifice of image. Any ideas on what's going on?:???:

2) What causes those black vertical lines, exactly? I can avoid it by adjust the pixels a bit, but I just want to know what causes this so I know exactly how to avoid it? And why is the default at 1024x1024 if it causes these terrible black vertical lines?
What internal resolution are you using? If it is a wide screen resolution then you will get the cropped image output.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does no one else have cropping AND black lines at the default 1024x1024 with Native unchecked. I was hoping I wasn't going to be the only one here. Damn, i'm lucky! :lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...with macrosss work?? Not sure I follow.

I did turn off all speed hacks but no difference. Take a look at the screens here. One using just "native" and the other with it set to the default of 1024x1024. You can see the lines and the cropping.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Upscaled resolutions is a quality feature that works in most games.
Your game seems to hate it though, and thus you need to live with it or use native (=only well supported) res.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Upscaled resolutions is a quality feature that works in most games.
Your game seems to hate it though, and thus you need to live with it or use native (=only well supported) res.
I guess your right, it is game dependant. RE Dead Aim and Tekken 5 hate this, but Silent Hill Origins has no lines, no cropping when using a custom internal res. Good to know. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts