Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it absolutley neccisary to have a REAL ps2 bios or can you use the what came with the emu? I finnaly got a chance to try this game to see if it worked (Syphon Filter: Omega Strain).

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
blueshogun96 said:
Is it absolutley neccisary to have a REAL ps2 bios or can you use the what came with the emu? I finnaly got a chance to try this game to see if it worked (Syphon Filter: Omega Strain).
AKAIK HLE is much faster than the 'real' ps2 bios, but also not as stable etc as the 'real' one :)

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Err actually HLE only emulates the real bios and since the emulation is quite inaccurate than the real thing,especially for games it is strongly recommended to use the real bios

·
Registered
1 Posts
hmm, well I'd like to ask how you get the bios off your ps2 and onto your computer, but I'm afraid that even that question is against the rules, which is why I won't ask, but it is a tiny bit annoying, since I have yet to find a website that tells you how to do it, and I have no idea what needs to be done in order to get the bios off my ps2 and onto my computer, but oh well

edit: also, this is my first post here, but I've been stopping by off and on for a couple months

1 - 5 of 5 Posts