Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to ask why the internal cd-plugin doesn't work on my win me system. when i start epsxe with the internal cd-pluin on, all i get is a black screen and the game doesn't even load up. this happens to all the games. other cd-plugins work though. its no big deal but i'm just wondering.

PS. i tried installing the ASPI layer provided in psxemu.com but that didn't help either.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
happens to me too..... seems weird but,,,,,, when I disable dma on my cd rom drives, the internal cd rom pluggin works, but with it enabled....it doesn't.... Are you running a backup or an original? Somehow, some cd roms, dvd rom in my case, can't read cdr or cdrw correctly with dma enabled.... weird...jUst use the other pluggins or try to disable or enable dma on your cd roms....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i am using back-ups and a dvd-rom.
but the internal cd-plugin was working fine on my system until i re-formatted my hard-disk and re-installed win me again (my system was getting a bit messy).
anyway i'll try your advice.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hmm... the DMA thing doesen't affect to my cd drive...
There might be a conflict, I mean that the from the GUI the
cd drive is for example G: and from the plugin it is H:
It gives you only black screen if you try with that kind of settings...
But the best choise is using the ISOs I can't get good MDEC output without them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts