Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
In limbo
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to own an 8MB i740 AGP video card three years back and compared to today's vid cards, it sucks. I was wondering if anyone here has the newer Intel gfx chips in their motherboards (i810,i815,i830)? How is it compared to the GeForces and Radeons and the throng of budget cards in the market?

·
Registered
797 Posts
DONT BUY IT UNLESS YOU ARE GETTING A COMP FOR WORK, IF YOU WANT TO PLAY GAMES THEN I SUGGEST THAT YOU DO WHAT ASALOFT SAID.
I MYSELF OWN AN i810 CHIPSET.
BESIDES ALL THE I810 AND THE I815 FAMILLY CHIPSETS USE CHIPS THAT ARE BASED ON THE I740 WHICH CANT EVEN RAISE A FRAME AGAISNT A GEFORCE 2, EVEN A CHEAP TNT OR VOODOO 3 IS FASTER THAN THAT. HOWEVER, IN OTHER THINGS IT IS BRILLIANT FOR DOING WORK, WATCHING DVDS ETC. BUT IF YOU WANT TO PLAY GAMES DO NOT GET THIS.

·
In limbo
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never said I was going to get one!

Originally posted by Asfaloth
I had an i810 in my old comp. It was decent enough, but can't hold a candle to a even a GeForce 2 MX/400. And considering how cheap those are now, I can't see why you'd go with an Intel chipset.
I just wanted to know how they would hold up against other vid cards. Besides, I'm a happy, satisfied and proud owner of a GeForce3. Why the HELL would I get an Intel chipset?;)

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I own an 810 chipset for about an year now and its not disappointing keeping in view the low prices it is available at.In fact you can build a whole pc for less than half of the cost if you are going for 810 chipsets.So if someone is really tight on budget he can still try that chipset in my opinion.

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Its not that bad. I had intels chipset graphic 82810. But I noticed that Counter-Strike on Direct 3d worked smoother and better graphics on Intel chipset then Nvidia's Tnt 2. :)

·
In limbo
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Originally posted by ToM_E
Its not that bad. I had intels chipset graphic 82810. But I noticed that Counter-Strike on Direct 3d worked smoother and better graphics on Intel chipset then Nvidia's Tnt 2. :)
I'm more interested in this particular Intel chipset, the Intel® 82830M Graphics Controller (Intel® 830 Chipset Family). Anybody have this? Check out the specs:

GRAPHICS FEATURES:
==============

Core Frequency up to 166 MHz
High Performance 3D Setup and Render Engine
Setup capable of delivering mobile Intel® Pentium® III processors based on .13µ process technology Performance
Triangles, Strips, and Fans Support
D3D Vertex Formats, Pixel Accurate Fast Scissoring and Clipping Operation
Backface Culling Support
Supports D3D and OGL Pixelization Rules
Anti-aliased Lines Support
Sprite Points Support
High Quality/Performance Texture Engine
Per Pixel Perspective Corrected Texture Mapping
Single Pass Texture Compositing
12 Level of Detail MIP Map Sizes from 1x1 to 2Kx2K
All texture formats including 32-bit RGBA and 8-bit paletted
Alpha and Luminance Maps
Texture ColorKeying/ChromaKeying
Bilinear, Trilinear, and Anisotropic MIP-Mapped Filtering
Cubic Environment Reflection Mapping
Embossed and Environment Bump-Mapping
D3D (DXTn) Texture Decompression
3D Graphics Rasterization Enhancements
Flat & Gouraud Shading
Color Alpha Blending For Transparency
Vertex and Programmable Pixel Fog and Atmospheric Effects
Color Specular Lighting
Line and Full-Scene Anti-aliasing
16-bit and 24-bit Z Buffering
16-bit and 24-bit W Buffering
8-bit Stencil Buffering
Double and Triple Render Buffer Support
16-bit and 32-bit Color
Destination Alpha
Maximum 3D Resolution Supported: 1600x1200x32
Fast Clear Support
2D Graphics
256-bit pattern fill and BLT Engine Performance
Programmable 3-Color Transparent Cursor
Color Space Conversion
GDI+* Feature Support
Anti-aliased Lines
Alpha Blended Cursor
Anti-aliased Text
Alpha Stretch Blitter
8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit Color
ROP Support
Video
Dynamic Bob and Weave Support for Video Streams
Synclock Display and TV-out encoders to video source
Supports DVD Quality encoding for PC-VCR or home movie recording and editing
MPEG2 HW decoding support
Video Overlay
Single High Quality Scalable Overlay
Multiple Overlay Functionality provided via Stretch Blitter
5-tap Horizontal, 3-tap Vertical Filtered Scaling
Independent Gamma Correction
Independent Brightness/Contrast/Saturation
Independent Tint/Hue Support
Destination Colorkeying
Source Chromakeying
Maximum Display Resolution: 1800x1440x32

It does bump-mapping! And FSAA! Wonder if it's any good? Wonder how fast it is?

·
In limbo
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do you edit-operate-do-surgery-whatever device drivers? I still keep the old i740 in my closet and planning to give it away or sell it to an ignorant sucker somewhere here in our place:evil: :evil: :evil:, tho it would be nice to pack along an updated driver set for the i740. Intel dropped support for the card years ago and the last released driver set, PV 4.0, was only DirectX 6.1a compliant. Besides, sonicfoot already said that the i810 and i815 family of chips have the same architecture as that of the i740. Both cards get regular updates and the latest set, PV 6.xx are DirectX 8.0 compliant (well, sorta, but they work on GIANTS with a patch). Is there a program out there that can edit or whatever i810/i815's driver set so it can be compatible with the i740?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I only got a score of 915 w/3dmark 2000 using my mobo built in 815e 3d card (intel solano)

my specs.

Coppermine [email protected] family 6 model 8 stepping 10 w/ MT1 Evercool
Gigabyte GA-60MM7E w/latest bios
Sblive 5.1
Inno3d Geforce2mx 400 64mb w/MV1 cooler
Spectek 512mb pc133
Matsushita CDrom CR-589
AHA 2940 SCSI Controller
Seagate ST 340810 A 40 Gig
Ibm Dcas-32160
Ibm Dpes-31080
USR 56k Message Modem ext.
Viewsonic E70f 17"
Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Gen floppy

·
In limbo
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by BaD_BURN
How do you edit-operate-do-surgery-whatever device drivers? I still keep the old i740 in my closet and planning to give it away or sell it to an ignorant sucker somewhere here in our place:evil: :evil: :evil:, tho it would be nice to pack along an updated driver set for the i740. Intel dropped support for the card years ago and the last released driver set, PV 4.0, was only DirectX 6.1a compliant. Besides, sonicfoot already said that the i810 and i815 family of chips have the same architecture as that of the i740. Both cards get regular updates and the latest set, PV 6.xx are DirectX 8.0 compliant (well, sorta, but they work on GIANTS with a patch). Is there a program out there that can edit or whatever i810/i815's driver set so it can be compatible with the i740?
Does anybody care to answer my question?

·
Registered
182 Posts
uhmmm about your question, difference between i81x and i740 isn't radical but enought to keep the drivers useless with an i740. About the i740, i own one of that old things :p but the card is good! It ran pretty well n64 emulators for me :) and my system isn't a super power fast machine ! now is stored in my bookcase :p ... cause i own now a v5 5500 :D it isn't the piece of crap that everyboddy said that it was

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.