Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fhhhhhhheeeeeeew what a day for me........My whole house is getting repainted and there is a hell lot of work to do......well I found time for the forums...... I also closed my site today since my PC was totally busted by the virus............!

so here is what I want to say

Now a days I noticed that the prices of the processors is falling very fast.......I mean way too fast.......and that isl all because of the stiff competition between AMD and intel.....today the prices decreased even further.....the AMD T Bird now costs......around.........100 bucks........and an Intel 1.4 ghz costs......around 133 Bucks..........!

I was about to buy a Pentium IV PC but a firend of mine told me that P 4 has gone flop...........poor intel..........!.the AMD Athlon 1.2ghz is way faster then Intel.............wow..........!

Well I guess I'll wait for a few days more so that I get the lowest price ..........eheh............economics.........wait!wait!wait!

I thought this might interest those who want to get an upgrade....!

Ali

·
Registered
680 Posts
Intel has LOST the 1 GHz Battle.

Now with Intel's New 2GHz P4, will it win the 2 GHz battle?

Long Live AMD!!!

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay U need more details here they are.........!
The Intel Pentium Processors starting from 2ghz and obove will be having a different chip technology which will deliver three timws better performance in all respects........I mean Multimedia.......3dgames.........application.....etc etc.......!

So what U can expect is that the Pentium IV 2ghz will perform better......but one more thing is that the AMD4 processors are wayt too better for Pentiums.........so I guess intel has a hard chase......!

Bottom Line.......AMD WINS.......eheh

Hey one more thing............Intel celerons are coming with up to speed off 1.1ghz..........wowo and their price is way too cheap......!

Well I guess we will have frequent updates

Ali

·
Registered
680 Posts
intel Celeron ??!??!?!

Intel still make this chip? i thought Duron has tought this lil' no-use-soab a BIG lesson back a year ago.

Not to compete with the Real Deal :D

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well celerons are not that bad........but are not up to the standard of Duron as you said.

Ali

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
It's also kinda sad that a notebook P3 processor beat out a desktop P4 in performance.... GO AMD!

·
Transcended
1,414 Posts
I agree. AMD is a tad better in my opinion. Cheaper too. Those Intels are way too overpriced from where I come from.

Hey, I'm starting to like this battle between chips. (GO GO PRICE SLASH!!!!)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by Kraelis
I agree. AMD is a tad better in my opinion. Cheaper too. Those Intels are way too overpriced from where I come from.

Hey, I'm starting to like this battle between chips. (GO GO PRICE SLASH!!!!)
amen!!!!

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well one more thing..........HP and Compaq have merged together.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Originally posted by liaqatali
Well one more thing..........HP and Compaq have merged together.
eh? HP and Compaq? Merged?
I thought these Giants never get along together, specially when talking about their PCMarket.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by Neojag
man, celerons are the suckisest suckers that ever sucked...

long live AMD!! AMD rocks!!!
Justify yourself, dont just jump on the bandwagon.... come on, why amd? ( i own one, i just dont like band wagoners )

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Adair sees bandwagon and quickly scrambles aboard. I like AMD too even with my limited exposure to them. All I know is that my friend's 1.3Ghz AMD plays games a billion times better than my Celeron 600 OC @ 900. Okay maybe not quite a billion times better, but you get the idea. Of coarse he also has a GF2 mx, but that isn't dratiscally better than my OCed TNT2 ultra.

S

·
0 Posts
Quick justification for jumping on the "bandwagon". All the hardware sites on the Internet that have done comparisons between Intel and AMD have posted benchmarks that show AMD's superior performance over Intel. It is well known, by now, that a Duron beats a Celeron and a PIII, and that a T-Bird beats a P4. The 2 GHZ chips from Intel are being dubbed the P5s, but AMD is getting ready to, or maybe has already, released the Athlon 4s (1.5ghz and up). so where does that leave the P5? Hmmmm......I wonder?
Reason enough to jump on, and stay on, the AMD bandwagon, Hairybudda?
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Extra post on this. Just saw in the local paper, today, that HP and Compaq are, indeed, talking about a merger. Just wanted to mention this and to let liaqatali know the he was "right on" with this information. Way to go liaqatali.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with Hairybudda, I think people are creating too muck expectation around AMD! This war is absolutely idiot! The current speed for prcessors (more or less 1.5ghz) is more than enough. And I wanna see wht's faster: a 1.3ghz thunderbird, with its bus at 133mhz, or a 1.3ghz p4 with 400mhz bus? What we need now is RAM and chipsets that can actually processe the same amout of data that the processor can. in other words: eliminate the cache! I believe that should be the direction of research now! Do you think that DDR is the future? gimme a break! if processor speed keeps skyrocketing like this, we're gonna need 1 gb of internal cache, believe me!

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I now begining to become a Big Fan of AMD.......here is some more info.......compaq did a contract with AMD...........!

Ali

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
jesus, now thats a big company!!

oh, hairryBudda i have a celeron and it simply sucks. The biggest problem about these suckers is the cache. the 1st generation celerons had simply no cache and the 2nd has a measily one. in other hand AMD Tbirds are cheap, fast, preety resistent to overclocking (not as much as the celerons, but hey...)
so, this is my reason to like AMD...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts