Votes: 1 2.7%
  • MSN

Votes: 28 75.7%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering what Everyone uses hear for instant messaging. I mainly use AIM. I hate it with a pure passion, but i use it. a good majority of the women i know use this evil little program. i had to use deadman just to remove some of those annoying advertisements. but i personaly like msn. nice interface, better avatar settings... but slite problem. almost KNOWONE i know personaly uses that thing. so it sucks to use aim primarly

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
every uses MSN here so thats what i use the most.
except i go threw Trillian. i stay away from aIM and Yahoo....

/me waits for GIM....(Google's Instant Messenger) :p

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh **** trillian. forgot about that thing. if an admin wants to add it in feel free too ;) depends how big the thread grows

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:hdbash: ICQ!!! what the hell is miranda, and thought irc was "classified" as a chat relay program not instant messaging?

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
I also prefer MSN. I've been using ICQ for a while, but I didn't like it that much.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Trillian Pro over any other thing. Said that, use primarily the msn service, for the very same reason as most of the people: it's the program of choice for most of the people i know that uses IM. I always prefered yahoo mesagging, though. That's why i like Trillian so much ;) .

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Popuri said:
i only use icq... <_<
aim? did i use it automatically when i was an aol user? o_O''
theirs a good chance. from what iv been told most new aol users automaticaly get an aim sn. and it loads every time you start aol, also i dont think you can shut off aim while using aol's software and closing it down entirly iirc

Regarding trillian pro. used to use that, i actualy thought it was good. just didnt like how it didnt display your smilies on other peoples im windows. :rolleyes: does it still do that? I'd really rather use Trillian other that Miranda software thing. when i tried it last night it loaded everyone into my buddy list, even the people i blocked for some reason wernt blocked anymore and it loaded it anyway oO. guse thats some weirdness i just have to work out if i decide to use that software

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Yahoo is way too add central and hard to remove from your system. As well it likes to auto-install itself when going to stupid web pages. ICQ is a system resource hog! Aim is jsut too basic for me. I like to go with MSN with MSNplus installed to remove all the crap. Works extremely well and almost no resource consumption! I've tried trillian but I didn't particularly need or like it.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Samor said:
MSN ....and sometimes ICQ (it's mainly a thing from the past for me though)
About the same for me, except that I don't use ICQ at all anymore. I still remember the number though..:lol:

Fact was, everyone I knew online used ICQ, so I used ICQ. Then, everyone started using MSN, and seeing that my ICQ list was getting smaller and smaller, I gave in and joined with the growing group.

As for IRC, seeing how I used to be a 1337 online gamer, I was mostly found on Quakenet whenever on, although the only way to reach me was through PM-ing me or my sponsered BNC hoping I would reply some day, because I was always away or playing UT Cups or 1on1. :D

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I use em all, but prefer Messenger (MSN) w/ Plus! for the simple reason that it has some of the coolest features and the best video/audio chat. I refuse to use Trillian. It's a buggy piece of crap and has an extremely limited feature set.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
MSN and Yahoo

1 - 20 of 41 Posts