Next Generation Emulation banner

inquiring about graphical issues

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  cloudstrife3733 
#1 · (Edited)
ok, let me start off by saying I realize not all games get full speeds no matter how fast the cpu/gpu is and not all games are perfect yet.Ive been reading up on some games while checking the compatability list of ps2 games,the games I am trying to run is suikoden 3,4,5 so far Ive only tried suikoden 3 which on the compatability list is playable,which for the most part it is.But I am getting graphical issues flickering sprites and just minor graphical issues as such and a bit of a slowdown in battles in which Im pretty sure I can take care of by enabling some speed hacks.

But basically I was just wondering what I can do to possibly improve the graphical issues if at all possible,I was thinking maybe if I run vista instead of xp since direct x 10 cannot be used in xp and I have dx 10 gpu and maybe that would help some with that but not to sure.I am in no rush and I understand if these problems pertain to the emulator not being completed yet by the authors I realize it takes time and alot of work which is much appreciated by myself to those working on the project.If anyone has any info that would help please share I will list my specs so you can get an idea of what Im working with here,thanx.

o.s-win xp sp3
cpu-E8400 oced 3.6ghz
mobo-asus p5e deluxe
mem-2x2gb 1066 g skills
gpu-Radeon 4870 vapor-x series

See less See more
#3 ·
press F5 a few times to toggle through interlace :]

and make sure you have the latest playground version.
tried playing with interlace didnt do much though,and I keep seeing on this forum things about pcsx2 0.9.7 isnt that just a beta right now?? cause from what I see it hasnt been officially released.As far as I know everything I have is pretty much the latest for what Im using for a o.s.

#4 ·
Yeah, 0.9.7 is currently just a beta with the new interface. Personally, I don't recommend using it and instead use the public beta (SVN 1888) directly from PCSX2.net.

#5 ·
Yeah, 0.9.7 is currently just a beta with the new interface. Personally, I don't recommend using it and instead use the public beta (SVN 1888) directly from PCSX2.net.
ok ill try out the public beta then see how that goes in the mean time I figured I'd post some ss's of what graphic issues im getting so everyone can get a better insight thank you fadingz and masta g for a timely response its appreciated.

#7 ·
I assume logarithmic Z is turned off in those screenshots? Turning it on ususally fixes the problem though it causes a speed hit in DX9.
I could of swear I tried enabling it before and it didnt work but I guess I was wrong it took care of the problem as far as the speed hit Ill enable some speed hacks to help out which I already did and it seems to run pretty well thank you very much masta g your a savior man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.