Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend is going for a riva tnt 32 mb card for around us dollars 40 . i wanted to know whether its a good buy or not and whether well be facing any problems with this card . to be precise whether there will be comaptability problems with this card with the new an old games or not....thanks :D

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have a Diamond V770 Ultra (TNT2 Ultra). I've had it stabily overclocked for over a year. It used to be at 150mhz engine and 183mhz memory, but now its at 162mhz engine and 212mhz memory. Keep in mind that its a TNT2 Ultra though.
It plays most of todays PC games well enough. The TNT2 of coarse lacks some newer features like T&L. The thing I miss the most though is FSAA.
I can play Quake 3 just fine if I use 800x600 w/ 16 bit color.
If you happen to be familiar with Deus Ex I can play it in D3D with all the settings turned up at 1024x768.

As far as ePSXe. Games play fine at 1024x768, but you can't use settings such as Full Vram Primitives, or Pete's special blurring.
If it helps I am attaching my normal setup for Pete's OpenGL 1.51

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Heheh
I forgot to say before that $40 is a good price, but you may wanna check here for prices. I don't think you'll find a better price if you're getting it from a store for $40.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im buying the card from a wholesale shop and as for deus ex i have the game and if it runs great in direct 3d with all the options turned to max and without any frames skipping then itr must be great .......... thanks for all the help ppl i appreciate it

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
beware though it depends on the brand or manufacturer be sure its not made by untested manufacturer coz my classmate bought tnt2 though its overclockability is very limited

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Okay........I think that TNT2 is a good card....I am using it to but this bluddy thing sucks..............big time............!
I remember the day when i was buying it and I think that I should have taken more money out of my ASS so that I can get a G-force

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
erm, im confused here, what exactly do u "mean" by taking money out of ur ass? hope im not being too nosy :emb:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
This is odd timing, but some random person from a Deus Ex forum just Emailed me about how crappy his TNT2 worked with Deus Ex. I don't know what brand he had, but he said it was a TNT2 m64. He said it was even slow at 800x600.
Oh well I don't know because I've been able to run Deus Ex at 1600x1200. It of coarse runs better at 1024x768, but its still playable at 1600x1200(and it looks sooo good).
If I were going to buy a video card right now I wouldn't waste my time with a TNT2, but if you only wanna play emulators and some kinda older games then its OK.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Originally posted by Neojag
erm, im confused here, what exactly do u "mean" by taking money out of ur ass? hope im not being too nosy :emb:
HEHE......don't take it the wrong way man.Taking money out of my ASS means that I would have waited or I would have borrowed some money to get a G-Force

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Originally posted by neversurrender
i wanna buy one too.but would it be better than voodoo 3 or vooodoo 4.
Waybig

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Originally posted by liaqatali

HEHE......don't take it the wrong way man.Taking money out of my ASS means that I would have waited or I would have borrowed some money to get a G-Force
ehehe...

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
hey adair buddy if u dont mind can u please send me a screen shot of the setting which u use with ure drivers i mean the settings which u have set up in ure drivers and which drivers are u u using .
we tried the game on my friends cpu he has p 3 800 mhz along with 128 mb of ram and when we set everything o high the game was running abit slow. so please help us thank u very much

p:s another problem which im facing is that whenever i downlad the the non whql driver for riva tnt 32 mb from nvidis site the download give me an error . ive downloaded the complete file but as soon as 2k are left it gives me an error and it says it cannnot continue downloading . please help me where i can the drivers as well

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hmmm...
The settings of my drivers? I don't have any settings. I mean I do have settings, but I didn't change any of them, I just installed the drivers and started playing games.
I'm using detonator 7.58 on my TNT2 ultra(which may very well be more powerful than your card). I have never seen a TNT2 m64 in action though so I don't know how it compares to a Ultra. I know the Ultra is more expensive though. Also I overclocked mine(as you can see in the second post of the thread).
You can get all the detonators at 3Dchipset.com
I got mine from some other site that doesn't exist any more.
Do you know how to install the drivers so that you can choose which type of TNT2 you have?
Look at that 2nd post for my Pete's OpenGL 1.51 settings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts