Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
The Induce Act is very real....with FAR reaching implications. This is a real bill that the U.S. Senate is, for some damn reason, trying furiously to pass. This bill could not only totally illegalize any kind of file sharing, but also outlaw legally made backups. It can also outlaw any new technologies. And, I imagine, all current technologies will come under fire. Say bye bye to cd burners, dvd burners, iPods, MP3 players, TIVO, and according to one site I read, it would even make WiFi networks illegal.

Now here is a question I thought of when I read that. Why only wifi networks??? Don't ALL networks help share (induce?) data???? So say we extend this idea to say all NETWORKS would then be illegal. Then, take that idea one step farther. What is the internet??? A massive series of...you guessed it...NETWORKS. And although not everything is wireless yet, technology is advancing at such a rate where I feel comfortable saying that in another 10-20 years, most everybody will be using wireless connections for pretty much EVERYTHING. If this bill is not stopped or SERIOUSLY altered, it will have far reaching effects, and anybody who has copyrights on anything will be able to automatically say whether or not you can sell something because "they had the idea first." And then this:

http://www.pbernert.com/html/tales.htm

will become a reality. If you think this is just spam, you better think again. Or are the american people just going to sit back and let more of their rights be taken away from them too????

1 - 1 of 1 Posts