Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have FFIX working fine, except for speed.

My computer is a Duron 950, Geforce DDR.

My main slow downs are during certain battle spells... and the movies (those are MDEC's right?)

I'm using the Pete's D3D Plugin, in Fast Mode, except I have the off screen drawing at 3.

Is my computer just not fast enough, or can I tweak out the emulator to get this to run at 60 FPS during the battle scenes.

Is the MDEC slow down something I can tweak, or do I need to uses ISOS instead of CD-ROMs to make it work.

Also, how I make those neat text files that tell everything about your plugin setup?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try using Petes OpenGL driver. I also have a Gforce and have found it works faster with the OpenGL driver.
Activate "Use FPS limit" and "Use Frameskipping". Also insert a manual frame rate of 60 FPS. You must also click on "FPS limit (10-200)" to activate the manual frame rate.
This sould fix the battle problem.
For the videos to go faster change the cdrom plugin or run the game from an ISO.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah.. I've noticed that the D3D drivers have a hard time with reflections and lighting. I think this problem is probably related to the T&L problems in Win2K. Getting different Det. drivers may help.

But, OpenGL runs great, even with FSAA on!

S

·
0 Posts
1240 Detonators are out. Fast, fast, fast. Colors are brighter. Work great w/my GEForce 2 GTS card. Get em at www.m3dzone.com CDBuRnOuT was the first to mention this. Thanks CD. :D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
523 Posts
DON´t use the NULL2s Audio plugin 1.3x
They will slow down the Movies in FF9.
Use version 1.24 instead.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would definatly recommend getting the det 12.4 drivers and usings petes 1.5 OGL plugin. Make shure you have fsaa turned off (did the original GeForce cards have fsaa?). That gives big slowdowns during spells if on weaker cards..

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
as 4 the nice txts press F8 during the game. epsxe should create a txt file in the same dir as the screenshot w/ your config

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also,

you might want to try setting off screen drawing to "Standard", and using emulated vram with full vram primitives, this ashould help you see anything you missed and spped things up...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts