Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In regards to unexpected crashes, XP is blessed at giving information concerning the crash including useful crash dumps etc.. (i think windows 2000 does the same), in all cases it's been the GSdx9-sse2 module that is reported as the culpret. :???:

The black screen that is reported by users, i have noted doesn't appear as frequently if the emulator does not have active focus i.e. i could run the emulator, switch to another program, then switch back to the emulator and it has probably got to the menu screen of a game as apposed to crashing. :cool:

However, if the emulator has focus - then it's guaranteed to crash by the time it has reached 3000 on the frame count. :mad:

I am not asking for any help, i understand that the emulator is in it's infancy stage as i have followed many different emulators from there creation to the present date - and have seen how long it can take before a working emulation is achieved. :eyemove: I can't say whether it was actually the GPU or the emulator that crashed (but one can only reference information from debugger related files :innocent: ), i haven't the patience to run the software GPU :hdbash: .

But, if other people are having similar problems and if the author agrees then perhaps a directory of crash logs could be useful to the author. A similar system was set up that has solved problems and lead to the improvment of many linux applications as well as UAE was. :guitar:

All i can say is keep up the good work, i look forward to your future releases and have great faith that the emulation will be achieved just like WINUAE emulated the amiga. :2love:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel P4 3Ghz, 1GB Ram, 120G HD, Nvidia Geforce-4 128M GFX, Intel Audio. Running Windows XP Pro SP2 (Fr).

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
there is an easy way to find out if the gs plugin is at fault, best way is when the error box comes up saying "send" and "dont sent" theres a little hyperlink saying "click here for details" click it n in the top right it will have the module, this will say if it was pcsx2 or gsdx9/gssoft

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is gsdx9-sse that is reported in ''click here...'' but i meant i don't know whether the plugin crashed the emulation or the emulation crashed the plugin. In light of this, more recently it is actually managing to get a little further into a game, but still crashes eventually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.