Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm just a new user in the forum and I find that this is a good site to ask for your guideline about PCSX2.
First of all I want to tell you that, I'm so impressed with PS2 emulation since its early release however I have not a good machine to run it..:D

Recently, I bought a new machine with the specification below:
CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.66Mhz
RAM: 4GB
HDD: Sata 320Gb, 7200RPM
Graphic: Asus 9500GT 512Mb (Nvidia driver 181.2)

With this spec, I think at least I can run it :) and since I'm new to this emulation I will need all your helps regarding to my per questions below:

1. I know BIOS plays good role for this emulation, I don't have good chance to ask for it :( So as I look around our forum, I see some guides about Dumping our own Bios. But some links are dead already. Please point me where I can get it ?

2. I tested some versions from 0.9.1, 0.9.4, 0.9.6 but no result..the emulation just loaded just like we just turn on the PS2 with no disc in it. When I run the CD/DVD on file menu and looked for the game in the IOP folder...then it loads something like this:

configuring.....

At last it kept loading:

isoreadingblock: 10011235 > 117 (xxxxx is the number)
isoreadingblock: xxxxxxxxx > 117

the number kept running till sometimes it finished..
then the emulator loading..but it brought me to only the Browser & System Configuration...and the Press X (Enter) O (Back)...when I press X on my gamepad..it brought me to the Memcard screen, then I formatted it..at last it showed nothing beside the same homescreen.:(

All I need now is the key information on how to play the PS2 game, and I am very thankful to those of you who will help me out of this difficulty.

Thanks.

·
Numbers Guy
175 Posts
Wait a little while, I guess. The PCSX2 site is going through some server maintenance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, I have read the official guide already, and nothing work though I understand it.
Anyone can help me out ?
After inserting the dvd disc, it loading all the isoreadblock...1100234.. > 117 or 118..just like this format..and when this all done, the emulator just loading to only the home screen same to the one we power on the real ps2.
Any idea ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I got some sequence screenshots now. I hope you will follow up my post and help me out of this irritated game..:(

After installing PCSX2 0.9.6. I got this:

Screen1

So I click on OK and get this:

Screen2

I make change in the Graphics & Bios, leaving others option in its default setting. Then I got this:

Screen3

So I click on OK, it brings me to this same screen, like this:

Screen4

So I click on Configures which is belong to Graphics. It brings me this:

Screen5

Then I make change, like in the picture. I choose Direct3D 10 cuz I have high memory graphic card, as I described in my first post. So after I click on OK, OK.

Then on the menu of PCSX2, I go to Configure / CPU. It brings me this:

Screen6

After this done, I load one PS2 iso game file to virtual drive. I use UltraISO, pretty good. But it brings me this:

Screen7

I click on OK, then it shows the other error of memory card No.2, then it brings me this:

Screen8

And at last, I don't know what I can do more. This is what I did with version 0.9.6.
For 0.9.4, its not the same like this one. The disc load those block of the DVD, but in the end it just shows me some kind of ***** like I open the real PS2 machine with no disc insert.

That is all, and I'm waiting for your further suggestions & guides.

Thanks.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
...potentially because the errors noted can be solved with little more then common sense.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Okay i try

Maybe you should try to make a iso of your game and use it with linuz cdvd plugin and as it seems complain about your memcards so are they named right? as mcd001.ps2 and mcd002.ps2

What game are you trying to play?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Kingis85. By following you to use the linuz cddvd plugin, I reached the following screen.

I dunno about memcards as I find none of mcd001.ps2 or 002.ps2 in the memcards folder of pcsx2 program files. But then it opens another windows for me. So I go ahead & open the IMG file which normally located in the IOP folder of the ISO file.

The game I made into iso image file is: Winning Eleven Super Star 2009.

Do you have any other suggestion ?
I'll continue to follow up..

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
You're not mounting the right file. My guess is you're trying to run a file ON the dvd rather than the dvd itself.
Check the guide again and pay special attention to the CDVD part ;)
Do you run pcsx2 as administrator? Alternatively disable UAC.
You still have these 2 problems. No write access for pcsx2.exe and mounting the wrong file. READ THE GUIDES!
The picture shows how your cdvd config should look..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
By following your guide rama2, I got this. It is still error. I have tried with all different cd/dvd plugin.

And below is another screen that I'm testing on 0.9.4

I can say it just keep loading just like this. The game not open.

Any more help plz ? Please tell with both version, which one allowed to play better.
Hmmm...I'm almost freaking out.!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rama2, I don't know what I have done. But then I run 0.9.4 as administrator it showed me this screen:

And then I click OK to run it in pcsx2t.exe mode, then I can run the game.:|.

Look that is amazing rama2..:D Why before I can't run the game...:-s

Is there anything..I should know more ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.