Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all my pokemon games haven't been working right lately so i made the decision to download the vba-over.ini. the only question i've got in terms of getting it to work is simply this... where do i put it? for a second, i thought it was going to be an application of some sort, but it's actually a configuration file; very much like the ones generated after opening the vba emulator for the first time. so seeing that the vba-over.ini is just a file with pre-configured settings for vba, where's it supposed to go? usually configuration files are supposed to be located somewhere within the file directory of the application needing it. but the vba doesn't seem to have a file directory, does it? i've got vbalink 1.8.0 lan/wifi edition and i've tried several times to find its file directory. can somebody please help me out with this issue? thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
all my pokemon games haven't been working right lately so i made the decision to download the vba-over.ini. the only question i've got in terms of getting it to work is simply this... where do i put it? for a second, i thought it was going to be an application of some sort, but it's actually a configuration file; very much like the ones generated after opening the vba emulator for the first time. so seeing that the vba-over.ini is just a file with pre-configured settings for vba, where's it supposed to go? usually configuration files are supposed to be located somewhere within the file directory of the application needing it.
Bingo.

but the vba doesn't seem to have a file directory, does it? i've got vbalink 1.8.0 lan/wifi edition and i've tried several times to find its file directory. can somebody please help me out with this issue? thanks.
Put the file in the same folder where your VBALink exe file is...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
it works straight away.
but you need to remove any already created save files.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.