Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to reduce load times with Epsxe or some other PS1 emulator? With games like Chrono Trigger from Final Fantasy Chronicles, it'd be great to reduce some of those loading times.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
yeah, just press Delete and that brings down the little bar with your FPS and such. press End to unlimit the FPS, and press end 2 more times to bring the speed back to normal.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'd try a few different video plugins, most should run chrono trigger fine, and some might have better speed-up options than pete's. lewpy's, for instance (not that you can use it unless you have voodoo), allows you to configure it so that pressing a single button chan ges the speed (but changing the speed in lewpy's is far more dangerous than in pete's). Maybe you can find a good speed-up plugin. And if so, maybe you could tell me :)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
there is none. there is no "speed up" option. in other emulators, you press a button and it simply unlimits the fps. in Pete's there are 3 settings. there is the "auto" limit, the manual limit, and unlimited. so instead of 2 options to switch back and forth between, there are 3. it doesnt make that big of a deal except when you want to, for example, speed up load times to the menu. in that case, you'll spend longer pressing the buttons than waiting for load times.

and in that case, i recommend that, since you are playing on emulator, switch emulators over to ZSNES and play CT there ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts