Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was playing chrono cross and noticed the 3d models for the characters were horrible. It was very pixely and you could just bearaly make out the characters. is there any way to improve the graphics?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
hmm, seems like you are using a software plugin. try using a hardware plugin instead.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
hushypushy said:
hmm, seems like you are using a software plugin. try using a hardware plugin instead.
hardware plugin as :pete's Gpu (d3d opengl opengl2) :)

marco2polo what's your Sys specs??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
KanedA said:
hardware plugin as :pete's Gpu (d3d opengl opengl2) :)

marco2polo what's your Sys specs??
i'm using a very outdated rage 128 graphics card but it runs very smoothly

my pluggin i use the file gpuPeopsSoft.dll, i went to pete's pluggin site and there were so many of them i don't know which one to chose so i just got one :\

i am using windows 2k but i doubt that'll help

thanks 4 help

ps - and about hardware pluggin thing, i don't know how to configure that, i look under video configuration and didn't see anything on thapt

pps - also have a nvidia tnt2 graphics card

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
you should install the TNT 2 gfx card, download the Petes D3D 1.75 plugin, unpack it into the plugins directory (in ePSXe directory) than starat ePSXe choose the petes hardware plugin in video configuration window, than go to its configuration, at the begining try those 'nice' or 'fast' buttons, see how does it look/perform than try to experiment a little :)

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
More specifically, use Pete's DX6 D3D plugin with the TNT2. It may even work for the Rage 128 :). If you do use the fast preset, make sure you enable frame limiting.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
the (non dx6) petes d3d plugin should work fine :) I know because it worked good on my TNT2 32mb :) also check Kane-Sama page for some configs :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wao it is sooooooooo much better, i'm wondering if there is a way to improve the background as well since the background looks blurry compared to the 3d models now

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
using the gpuPeteOpenGL.dll file (it was one of the three that came in the zip file)
i've tried both the "nice" settings and "fast" settings but in window mode

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
marco2polo said:
using the gpuPeteOpenGL.dll file (it was one of the three that came in the zip file)
i've tried both the "nice" settings and "fast" settings but in window mode
Hmmm... try to mess a little with those setting 'manualy' , also did you check Kane-Sama domain which I've posted somewhere above?

And also... those little blury textures in the background (2D)... I think it's on it's best in ' not to be pixelized' ;), don't think you can make them sharper without pixels

1 - 14 of 14 Posts