Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old Man
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this? I went to Australia this summer and picked up a cool Cricket game. I knew in advance I would need a mod chip or a game enhancer to run it. I went down my friends video game store (He is the owner) and he gave me a CD called PS-X-Change that claims to be able to play imports.

I put in PS-X-Change, and then swaped the discs like the instructions said, and when the game started, the screen kept rolling and rolling and rolling. No way to stop it.

I am curious if that happens to anyone else? (Im in US so my TV is NTSC and the game is PAL) How do I fix it? I know there are patches on the internet for a NTSC - PAL selector for the game, but will this fix the rolling screen? (I do have a CD Burner)

Also, can I switch from the coaxial cable video output to the three (Yellow, White and red) plugs and have this fixed?

Thanks.

C

·
0 Posts
You'll have to find a specific NTSC patch for that game, there is no generic NTSC patcher (only a generic PAL one).

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I really doubt that using a CD to boot an import game would work, try a gameshark rip off (like the Action replays) that come with a spring.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The rolling screen is a byproduct of the NTSC/PAL incompatibility. You'll need to download and apply a game-specific patch. I may be breaking the rules here *cringe* but... *** **** ***** has instructions and NTSC/PAL patches for most games. Check that out.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Asfaloth,
you are quite right you have just broken the board rules. So why did you do it if you thought it was wrong?:mad:
Anyway you should reread the rules so you understand what the rule is and why it exists. They weren't made just because somebody felt like making up some rules. They actually serve a purpose.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally posted by Asz
try a gameshark rip off (like the Action replays) that come with a spring.
afaik , action replays is not a rip off of gameshark

us = gameshark
asia=action replay
europe =( i forgot )

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
You must either find a patch for that game which allows you to change the pal to ntsc at the start before the game boots or get a tv like mine which plays ntsc and pal formats.
Theres a program which you can run on an iso to put the pal ntsc in your self its called pal4u but I'm not really sure if it allows pal to ntsc patching but its worth having a look at.
It doesnt sound like you need a gameshark as the game obviouslly ran as you could see the screen scrolling.
JAZ

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Well they sell the Action Replays in the US (at some store, not an import store) and I know the people who make Gameshark make Action Replays but I saw a few they were just rip off called the action replays (I had one for a while)

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
I think the confusion from action replays is caused by the fact the origional action replays were made by a company called datel and were just cartridges made to insert cheats into games.
I know action replays are the origional ones because I had one for my zx spectrum.
I know datel released one for the psx but I dont think it allowed you to play copied or imported games on it (because of the dubious legality of this in the uk),I think that all the gamesharks etc are just rip offs of these with a chip in that allows import/copied games to be played by feeding the right info to the psx.
but i might be wrong :)
JAZ

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The +3 trainer is like a built in cheater for that specific game. It usually gives you stuff like infinite lives, infinite ammo, etc...
I'm pretty sure that you can choose not to use any cheats if you want, so I'd get the +3 trainer one, but if you're completely not interested in cheats then get the other one.

·
Old Man
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Adair.

After burning the CD with the patch, everything works great! I recommend the PS-X-Change to anyone with a PSOne, or SCPH900x model, as normal game enhancers that plug into the I/O slot in the back dont work because of a missing I/O slot.

Now no modding is required!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts