Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm, don't know where to begin. Just for arguments sake, I'm not some kid coming on here asking a million questions for my own greedy purposes (just so you knew). Ok, I've been trying to help make a guide for the Mega Man X series (4-6), and they run for playstation...so I got the ePSXe. Great emulator I must say, I just started using it a little over a week ago. I delt with the Project 64, so I was framiliar with the "plugins" process and understand everything about them. Got everything I need to get the emulator up and running. But I ran into a problem. Mega Man X4 & 5 were in BIN/CUE file formats, Mega Man X6 was in CCD/IMG/SUB file formats. Now ePSXe runs BIN files without a problem. But when I try to run the IMG file, the screen is off center to the right. Now I wanted to avoid a bunch of trial and error. I'm positive it's not the plugins, bios, or anything else, I haven't changed the settings for the first 2, so the problem must logically lie within the IMG format. Now I've tried to look up converters to try and convert the IMG file to BIN file, but everything I've found costs money (free trial stuff). The only other things I've found were people talking about Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% etc...I'm not looking to burn these games to a cd (among other things, it runs better straight through the emulator through "Run ISO"). I'm just looking for a way to possibly convert it to a BIN file, or some info on why the IMG format is making the game screen shift to the right...any input?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
logic fail.

converting from one format to another is intelligence fail.

im not even going to bother helping you since you've clearly downloaded these images, and have no idea what you're doing with them.

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm not going to ask how did you get those files if it wasn't you who ripped those games from the beginning.

Ok as far as I know, the problem is not the image file, is the configuration.
If you create a virtual drive with daemon tools, you can mount that image file and choose a cdr plugin for that.

Even if you tried megaman x4, that doesn't mean the same configuration works on x6.
So check the graphics plugins.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm. First off, I'm surprised I got responses so fast, not used to a forum so instant. Thank you for welcoming me. But I suppose I didn't explain better. Yes I downloaded these files, but calling me a pirate is quick to judge. All the games I've downloaded, whether it be PSX, N64, etc., I own, or used to own. Secondly, I already explained I'm making guides for these games. I wrote the admin on Zophar's Domain, some info was wrong and I offered to help. Leonhart, you should really think before you type. Ok, now as I said, I'm still new at this PSX emulation, I understand the plugins, (some might not work the same on different games etc.) but not too keen on file types etc. No, the configuration might not work, but I'd rather not change my video settings because I need the video as plain as possible for screenshots and images (I must painstakingly edit screenshots with Paint to get Sprite images and so forth). Just for reference, the plugins I have chosen are as follows: Video- P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.18 (yes, I realise it's an older plugin, but I needed this one because the others distort the sprites), CD-Rom- ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0. Now I seen the info on daemon tools, but all I ever read were people asking about burning the roms, that's not what I want to do. But mount you say, I'm not 100% on how that works. I've bassically just been running BIN formats through "File- Run ISO". (At first, I thought all "disc" orientated consoles could only be emulated by burning the info on an actual CD).

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Downloading images is warez/piracy regardless of ownership.

you paid for your copy, and you now have someone elses as well.

Warez Policy

NGEmu takes a "no tolerance" stance against the trading/sharing/discussion of illegal software, also known as warez. Links to or requests for illegally-obtained commercial material, such as ROMs, ISOs, or BIOS images will not be tolerated. If you post in a forum for support and you are found to be in possession of illegal content, your thread will be immediately closed
http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-psx-discussion/34515-how-make-perfect-backup-psx-games.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if it weren't for emulators and roms, I would have never made guides for the Nintendo and Super nintendo. You tell me how I can get perfect Sprite images for the guides off of a Nintendo 64 run through a TV? You seem like a stickler for piracy, so lemme let you in on something. I paid for my copy, now I have someone elses...how does that make sense? If I own the copy, it doesn't matter what medium I choose to use the product in, period. A product is a product, wheter it be rom, cartridge, CD, anything. So, by what your saying, all the roms I have on the computer, NES, SNES, N64, are illegal no matter what...even though I'm staring at my cartridges right now? Think about that for a second. But reguardless, if you say there is a "zero tolerance" policy, then I appriciate the help I did get, but I should probably move on because I'm not going to be defined by rules that don't follow logic.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
its a don't ask don't tell policy.

Unfortunately, the fact you don't even have clonecd or alcohol is kind of shouting I WAREZED IT.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
the rules follow the law, so logic isnt really something that can or will be debated here. if you dont like the rules, then your problem is with the law, so seek help elsewhere.

closed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.