Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I burned the image of some software, I will call "X", with Cdrwin. The playability was choppy and eradict. (Unregistered version 3.8e Cdrwin)

Later that same day I burned the image w/ BlindRead. The image was better as was playability.

I was under the impression that both recording software medias used the same burn method "Raw 2352 sectors". So what happened? Has anyone else had this experience?

FYI: I used a Plextor IDE at 1X for both images and saved both images as a *.bin file. OS:Win98 Proc:600Mhz. Grpx:NVidia

Has anyone tested this process w/ CloneCD? Nero? "your favorite imaging software"?

S

·
0 Posts
I think it was something else...might have something to do with "geforce" and "vsync".

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
Dunno why that would have happened..
Personally I just just clone cd.
I find the older versions best for me Im using version 2.7.1.1 at the moment with these options=
Read to Image
Read Subchannel Data from Data Tracks ON
Read Subchannel Data from Audio Tracks ON
Write with option
Don't repair subchanel data
Works fine every time I need to make a psx game iso.
Ive used blind write and cdrwin but clone cd I find to be the best.

JAZ

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I think that neo is asking if they can read the compressed game image file that is on the original game cds not an iso/bin file. If you look at the files on the original cd you'll see a .bin file (if memory serves correctly).

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
lolz
what i mean is to open the Final Fantasy .bin file (the one that has the game) and see the files (like the movies) there, instead of using PSMplay to analyse the disc :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts