·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE CONFIGURATION:
Using ePSXe 1.60. Used ShendoXT's Linux Configuration Guide
ePSXe confirmed working.
Attempting to open *.bin image "FFVIII"

Alright, here goes. I have just got ePSXe up for one reason and one reason only: Another playthough of FFVIII. It has been a long time sense I last played it (back when I still had the disks) and I am really itching to get into it.

The problem, my image doesn't seem to be loading. I know my config works cause I used one of my girlfriends (original/unburned)PSX disks and it started up just fine. I am thinking the image is in the wrong format.

I looked around the forum and found a program for checking images, but I am using linux and the program seems to be for windows. I am looking for a way to 1. see if the image is valid and 2. get espxe to open the image. Anyone got any ideas? Thank you in advance

Oh, almost forgot. I am all out of CD-R's right now so burning isnt a option.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Bin images suck for PSX disks., CCD, NRG or MDF are best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Great. Telling me I suffered though an insanely slow download for nothing :( Well, that seems to be my day.It's a .bin.ecm if it makes a difference. I don't think it does

What I wouldn't give to have my originals back

So I know for next time, what images can ePSXe open? Can it open the image types you listed natively or would you have to burn those to a disk before using them?

·
Whistler
133 Posts
well this forum doesn't support downloaded stuff :(

however you can try ripping from the original disc by using Brasero (to rip it into .bin/.toc files which works well if your FF8 is the NTSC version) under GNU/Linux.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.