Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Salvation Army Thursday night I spotted a NES, with 2 controllers and a game, Ninja Gaiden, for $9.99. It might need a bit of work, it needs a power supply and A/V plug. The local Salvation Army would have pitched it in the garbage had someone not purchased it, :dead: and I doubt many people *in Venango County, Pa* would buy a NES that needs parts, but the idea of it going into a garbage bin bothered me.

So now I have a NES and an Atari 2600 that need power supplies and A/V. Sheesh, will I ever learn! ROTFLMAO :lol: :wub:

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
These devices can stay in their boxes collecting dust (not like my/our old devices would be much practical to get out of there anyway, unless you enjoy the old Amstrads).

Off to emulators that take no dust and dont load Amstrad games in 5 minutes like the real machine :p

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Collecting dust doesn't bother me, going into a landfill does. I even rescued an E.T. Cartridge *2600* from that fate.

Now will I ever play it? No thanks, but it makes a nice keepsake...

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Hmm... must be because of the amd 5000 dual core processor :lol: i'm saying that cause it hapenned to me 2 dont know why i aint poor i have a good pc but when i see a system (pc system) (didnt come to a console being shooved in the garbage) i cant help but wondering hmm... is this actually broken such a pitty for it to just get destroyed when it could still be of use made quite a few sistems cause of these (but didnt keeped them gaved them away to some kids in the country ho didnt had a chance of getting a PC :p )

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Hmm... must be because of the amd 5000 dual core processor :lol: i'm saying that cause it hapenned to me 2 dont know why i aint poor i have a good pc but when i see a system (pc system) (didnt come to a console being shooved in the garbage) i cant help but wondering hmm... is this actually broken such a pitty for it to just get destroyed when it could still be of use made quite a few sistems cause of these (but didnt keeped them gaved them away to some kids in the country ho didnt had a chance of getting a PC :p )
oO
Offtopic:
Please can you use some punctuations like comas (,) when you are writing, I couldn't understand nothing from there.

I haven't got the chance to rescue a console but I would do it, at least to try to repair it and make some cash on ebay. :D

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
NES, with 2 controllers and a game, Ninja Gaiden
best purchase ever.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
oO
Offtopic:
Please can you use some punctuations like comas (,) when you are writing, I couldn't understand nothing from there.

I haven't got the chance to rescue a console but I would do it, at least to try to repair it and make some cash on ebay. :D
Hmm... must be because of the amd 5000 dual core processor:lol: . I'm saying that cause it hapenned to me 2, dont know why i aint poor and i have a good pc, when i see a system (pc system) [didnt seen a console being shooved (dumped) in the garbage] i cant help but wondering: hmm... is this actually broken? Such a pitty for it to just get destroyed, when it could still be of use. Made quite a few sistems cause of these "findings" (but didnt keeped them, gaved them away to some kids in the countryside who didnt had a chance of getting a PC :p )

PS: is this better ? :p sry i was in a hurry then :lol:
2nd PS: i can understand if they throw'd the NES console (this from an ordanary human point of view with no technician skills), but trowing away also the cartrige and with Ninja Gaiden wich was a good game, probably some "new generation gamer" which thinks a game is all about graphics. That game was awsome. I have lots of fun memory's with it :) . And also forgot to say this nice finding Paratech :thumb: , who cares where you found it, if there where a 10 dollar bill near the trash, i'm preaty sure the majority of people would pick it up so no problem there.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
There is an edit button dude. :rolleyes:
Seems english is not your main language, so let's leave it like that.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
At Salvation Army Thursday night I spotted a NES, with 2 controllers and a game, Ninja Gaiden, for $9.99. It might need a bit of work, it needs a power supply and A/V plug. The local Salvation Army would have pitched it in the garbage had someone not purchased it, :dead: and I doubt many people *in Venango County, Pa* would buy a NES that needs parts, but the idea of it going into a garbage bin bothered me.

So now I have a NES and an Atari 2600 that need power supplies and A/V. Sheesh, will I ever learn! ROTFLMAO :lol: :wub:
For doing that I respect you. Old systems deserves to be polished and put up in an altar of some sort and be worshipped. :thumb:

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
there is still something magical about firing up a system that is 20+ years old then going for a gaming marathon. Good times.

If you never get the parts to make the thing work, turning the case into a mini pc would be the height of retro awesome.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I STILL PLAY PS1 AND N64. :D
But I really, really want my sega genesis and NES back.
The old days when my dad and I played mario together.... :D
So many Playstations I've purchased used were dead, I nearly gave up on buying them.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
I just bought a NES on the weekend (30AUD) and a few games (KungFu, Mario, Aussie Rules) as well as adding Sonic to my collection for my Mega Drive (Genesis).

If you ever find retro consoles at a op shop, salvo's, garbage, you are an utter moron not to pick them up.

Retro consoles > Emulators any day of the week, its just the way things are.

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
I'm attached to the things that I can connect with certain events in my past. Saving obsolete systems... well, I'll leave that to you.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Collecting dust doesn't bother me, going into a landfill does. I even rescued an E.T. Cartridge *2600* from that fate.

Now will I ever play it? No thanks, but it makes a nice keepsake...
What do people have against ET for the 2600, it was one of my favorite games as a kid...?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'd get the console and clean it up for legacy sake... but i'd still emulate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts