Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, when this site was down, i started using epsxe, i went to a lot of furom and site to see how to run it and what plugins but it doesn't work all too well.... so here what i use plz tell me if i should change something,

1Ghz Anthlon
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Radeon 7000 (32MB)
384 SDrams
17" SyncMaster 753df
(if you need more details just ask)
plugin:
sound-Null2's Audio Driver 1.4
video-Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.54
CD-ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.4.0.
Bios-SCPH1001.BIN

ok plz tell me if these are outdated... or anything that can help cause the sound suck , movies skips... and all sort of weird affect, and in FF9 im in 3rd disc and the game crash's where they kidnap eiko and you have to get her (it crash's in that cave) in Mega Man C5 it crash's at the 2nd (sigma?) stage (after the black square trowing dude... in Breath Of Fire 4 it crash right before you enter the town.... so basicly all my game crashs... i've tried all sort of things to fix but it doesn't..... PLZ HELP!!!

plz tell me what config's i should use too...

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
The plugins are good... it might be the configuration of those that are wrong. Post a screenshot of the plugin configs that u're using.

As for BoF there's a special fix for that game...

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Have you tried the Breath of Fire fix yet? It's in the CD-ROM Config.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think you're speaking of the small town of Kyria, aren't you?
Well, as metalmurphy said, there's a fix in order to pass through that bug.
Just go in the cheat menu before running the game, and load the bof4 cheat located in the epsxe>cheats directory.
Then you'll be able to continue your game.

(~note~ this cheat also applies to the crash JUST before the last boss, so I'd recommend to keep this cheat enabled
during the whole time you are going to play)

Bye

*edit* And disable the "mask bit" option in the gpu plugin, it just makes some gfx glitches in bof4.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I really can't see how your problem can be fixed but I know I've experienced many screens like that one cuz':
_the cd's scratched
_the cd/iso needs to be patched
_the game isn't emulated (which is rather rare nowadays)
_the iso file hasn't been made correctly (FYI, i always use cdrwin and put the error correction to replace, it works pretty well w/ scratched cds)

Sorry

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.