Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the world of ripping fmvs so would just like to ask a question.

I'm trying to extract the fmvs from Koudelka (using PsxMC322), but my pc doesn't want to play them. Can anybody help? Do I need to download a new media player?

Thanks in advance!

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
have you already extracted the videos and can't view them, or will psxmc not even rip them?

·
Premium Member
18,905 Posts
There's a way. For all scenes in-game, be them cutscenes or actual gameplay.

Here:
In your ePSXe plugins directory, put Darkman's GPU Recorder plugin and use it ingame (it'll be recording).

After playing, Use the accompagnying GPUplayer 2.0 to replay what you recorded.
And voila. you can review EVERYTHING you did ingame (including cutscenes). HOWEVER, NOT in AVI format or anything like that, it'll be in REC format.
But once you got to the cutscenes you'd like to keep, you can then view them in GPUplayer and capture the cutscenes using FRAPS. Consider this the Quality method. I consider it that way because you can optimize video quality like hell,turn AA,AF on to get the absolute max quality for your videos.

You can also use FRAPS only to capture your gameplay/cutscenes but beware, this can eat disk space at alarming rates.

Ripping cutscenes from games? Not possible. Record them? Yeah. Just for you to know.

If you use Darkman's GPU recorder plugin + GPUplayer 2.0, at least, whatever you recorded is WATCHABLE, if you keep the REC file you recorded. This means no ripping but hey, you got that working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hard core Rikki said:
There's a way. For all scenes in-game, be them cutscenes or actual gameplay.

Here:
In your ePSXe plugins directory, put Darkman's GPU Recorder plugin and use it ingame (it'll be recording).

After playing, Use the accompagnying GPUplayer 2.0 to replay what you recorded.
And voila. you can review EVERYTHING you did ingame (including cutscenes). HOWEVER, NOT in AVI format or anything like that, it'll be in REC format.
But once you got to the cutscenes you'd like to keep, you can then view them in GPUplayer and capture the cutscenes using FRAPS. Consider this the Quality method. I consider it that way because you can optimize video quality like hell,turn AA,AF on to get the absolute max quality for your videos.

You can also use FRAPS only to capture your gameplay/cutscenes but beware, this can eat disk space at alarming rates.

Ripping cutscenes from games? Not possible. Record them? Yeah. Just for you to know.

If you use Darkman's GPU recorder plugin + GPUplayer 2.0, at least, whatever you recorded is WATCHABLE, if you keep the REC file you recorded. This means no ripping but hey, you got that working.
Thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
18,905 Posts
by default, GPUrecorder record from the moment you start playing until you close the emulator.

to capture particular scenes, just select to record/stop by using keys like RECORD=Backspace and STOP RECORD=Shift for example.

You can also share those REC files if you want to show off or something (think about tekken 3...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.