Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to convert ISOs from Playstation games I own to play on the PSP and I'm getting an error that the copyright information is invalid. Is there a specific way I need to rip these ISOs? or will ISOs I rip not work?

I'd like to play some of my Playstation games on my PSP. I have the legitimate original games. Any suggestions on being able to play on the Playstation is appreciated.

·
Level 9998
10,591 Posts
Hmm... if I recall correctly, you need a key file that usually comes with a PS1 game downloaded from the PSN. It's been a while since I last tried to convert my PS1 game because... in the end, I only converted a few that I wanted to replay.

Anyway, try that. I think they also mentioned it in a read me.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying to use Popstation to convert the ISOs I ripped from my legal Playstation games to the PSP, is that not possible? Otherwise, what is the purpose of Popstation?

·
Level 9998
10,591 Posts
Well, to make a long story short, it replaces a PS1 game downloaded from the PSN (which consists of the ISO and checksum and a loader) with your own ISO.

That's about it. Now that I did some read-ups, seems like you don't need the key file anymore, but it seems like you still need a custom firmware otherwise. Is your PSP on a custom firmware or is it on the official firmware?

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 3000 Series, I guess I'm not going to get my PSX games to play on the PSP :(

·
Level 9998
10,591 Posts
Oh whoops, I should have paid attention to your posts in the other threads.

And yeah, sorry... That was also why I said that PSP 2000 might have been a better purchase in the end.

Look on the bright side, they already got some homebrews on the 3000, so you may be able to get PS1 games working after all. Patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Is it legal for me to link to a custom firmware for the 3000 here, since thats what your looking for?

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No it isn't....

I wasn't asking for it. I don't want to break the rules.

Thanks though ;)

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
heh, ok goog luck g searching for PSP 3000 custom firmware. ;)

·
Read Only
5,614 Posts
Use PSX2PSP, not Popstation. :p

Also, look up ChickHEN and Custom Firmware Extender. I don't think naming names is a problem here. As long as your 3,000's firmware isn't above 5.03[I think?] you can run CFW in RAM, which will let you play your PSX games.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sadly I'm out of luck, I'm running 5.51 and it won't accept tiff files so I can't use ChickHen either...

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Ouch, that's a shame man. Maybe you could still use the Pandora's battery trick to have it downgraded. There must be a kid nearby who's got one of those, usually you see them advertise in local newspapers or on supermarket spam boards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.