Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wants a specific bios. I have a bios that works in epsxe, etc...

It give errors running playstation games it ripped.

I'm frustrated and just want some advice.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do I need all 3?

·
Super Moderator
13,067 Posts
There are notable differences between the earliest bioses and the latest versions, some emus just developped against the earliest available during their lifecycle.
Mednafen/beetle requires specific correct dumps of bioses. scph5500.bin for JP games, scph5501.bin for US region games, and scph5502.bin for euro games

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all your help. The characters were in uppercase, so I guess that's what messed it up. I really do appreciate the help.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just playing US copies of the games, although I have 1 Japanese Playstation game I imported Raiden DX.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,686 Posts
There are notable differences between the earliest bioses and the latest versions, some emus just developped against the earliest available during their lifecycle.
Mednafen/beetle requires specific correct dumps of bioses. scph5500.bin for JP games, scph5501.bin for US region games, and scph5502.bin for euro games
It emulates region lock?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Exacly - Mednafen (Beetle PSX) have hardcoded checksums of correct bios files.
It emulates region lock?
Seems so, but never check that in code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts