Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i play Metal Gear Solid with ePSXe, the sounds are skipping.
is it my cd? i don't know, i made ISOs of the cds and played it. it still skips. like when they're talking on codec, they stutter....
also, when they're playing cut scenes, it skips and their voices stutter, again. bad iso? i don't know.

i've tried Null2's Sound plugin and the default ePSXe sounds plugin. and no luck in fixing this problem. could it be my mahine? i don't know.... someone help me...

it's really irritating hearing them stutter.......

"this....this.....this.....this......is......is.......is.......is.......snake......snake.......snake......snake....................."

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,617 Posts
i heard pete's spu supposed to werk great with it

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
This problem has been dealt with a lot.. Petes directsound spu and the Eternal spu has a spu irq hack that can help with the sound problems in MGS.. Do a search of the board for "metal Gear sounds".. Read the documents that come with the spu pluggins as they can explain what needs to be set for MGS in the spu pluggins.. -eternal and petes dsound..

·
Registered
143 Posts
there is a pc version of MGS... graphics are NICE!!! =) worth getting. Its always more self satisfactory when you get a game that was made for its system. I'd get a game made for the PC anyday, over emulating it. I am weird, yes, but the world is unfair and i change myself to adapt to it. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Originally posted by smartguy15_2000
there is a pc version of MGS... graphics are NICE!!! =) worth getting. Its always more self satisfactory when you get a game that was made for its system. I'd get a game made for the PC anyday, over emulating it. I am weird, yes, but the world is unfair and i change myself to adapt to it. :rolleyes:
I have played both the PC version of MGS and the psx version.. I like playing the psx version on epsxe better.. The blur effects.. The pc version just doesn't do em.. As far as a PC game goes, it was graphically dated.. A great psx game mind you, but.. I have come to expect more from PC games.. The pc port could have been way better..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm... i must be doing something wrong.
cuz no matter how i tweak the settings for pete's spu and eternal spu, the cut scenes and the codec transmissions still skip... :(

i need major assistance...

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
well, the irq hack petes/eternal plugin limits the stuttering, but in can only do so much. Be happy that for the most part the speech is sync'd.. and lets just hope for the best and pray that for future versions, the problem will be fully fixed. :)

Did I mention FPSE? :D
FPSE and MGS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.