Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a problem, I have a modchipped PS2, I can burn ps2 games perfectly at any speed, and they work 100%, but when i try to burn a PS1 game it never works, i've used multi disc types, "Verbatim, Sony, TDK, Maxell , Taiyo Yuden, i've read other places that the only way to make PS1 games work is if your DVD burner can support 4x burning speed, mine only supports the slowest speed at 8x, how do i make my burning speed slower? do i need a firmware hack? or is there a program that can change my dvd burner speed for GOOD, cause i have DVD decrypter and it says i can burn at 1x, 2x, 2.4x, 4x, but whenver i choose the slower settings it goes automatically back to 8x when i start burning, please someone out there who knows alot about burners and playstation 1 games, i really need help i want to play all the old games i miss them!!!, and it's just not the same on the emulator i like laying on my couch and just playing, it would be much appriciated Thank you.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
it doesn't need to be burnt at 4x, its just recommended, if the game is not working in the PS2, its because the PS2's chip is epic fail.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
:rolleyes: and the PS2 and PS1 have different ways of checking for a legit PS disk.

Not all PS2 modchips support copied PSX games

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.