Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The one and only
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my ISP at college! Let me explain the situation. There's a 3gb/day limit on internet. If you go over it, you get suspended from the network for a week. Everyone is given a personal account to use and its monitored every day. So, over the school year, i've been suspended quite a bit for going over, usually on accident. But lately they've been getting sick of me and started banning my mac address ( They get people to visit the ISP office to get it fixed, and basically they have a "talk" with them) So i changed my MAC address and went on with my internet usage. But lately, they've been somehow managing to still ban me in a different way. My laptop's wireless network adapter isnt able to connect to the internet, but it can if its through a wire. I tryed changing the mac address but to no avail. I don't know what else they can use to identify my laptop's wireless card, but they are managing to block it somehow. Anyone know anything else they could be blocking?

I'm not gonna go in to get it fixed, because i only have 2 weeks left of this stupid crap before i get my condo and get comcast, and they will probably slap me with a fine or something.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
they probably changed the security.

·
The one and only
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you mean by that?

Edit: oh i forgot to mention something weird. The first time i changed my mac address, i noticed my bandwidth wasnt being monitored. I could use up 60gb a day without any suspension. But they eventually found the flaw and fixed it over spring break :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.