Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup,i passed the board exam so i'll get my ps2,hehe. now guys, our tv is broken,cant even display the correct colors,but there is display. i cant even use it for ps1 coz its playing in black and white(even b4 when it wasnt broken, we all know why its black and white). now, ill be using my pc, i know there are a couple of threads about this but,
what i need to know is, how is the graphics when using ps2 in a comp? is it the same,better or worst than on a tv?i need to know coz ill be using it on a pc for quite some time(worried about the elec bills). and yes i have a tv tuner.
one more thing, ill be getting a scph50004 i think,its not the pstwo. but is this ok?thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i have that, so hows the graphics of ps2 on comp.thanks for the quick reply

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I hate TV cards as I've always found the quality that much worse than a TV. You'd need an S-Video cable to get rid of the black and white problem (IIRC). I believe that VGA boxes are a far better soloution, especialy console specific ones. I get mine from www.lik-sang.com

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yea. Generally, the picture is stretched on the Monitor (PC) so it looks fuzzy. Unless you play at the native 640x480 resolution. On a TV it will look much sharper to the eye.

S

·
0 Posts
if you just get your regular composite cable (afaik it comes with the pstwo), it's gonna be tolerable, but definately not ideal. While at the subject I'd like to point out that it's annoying that the ps2 by default doesnt include better cables; a proper EuroAV cable costs 40 euros, which is ridiculous....fortunately, I found a third-party equivalent for 10 euros......similarly, tv card often use SVideo...if you can, try findinf an svideo cable....I think there could still be some deinterlacing problems with the tv card (blurry image), but at least it would be better.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think we wont be having a new tv soon,so ill have to get used to it. i think my tuner supports deinterlaced. and also,iirc, my tuner came with an svid cable,ill have to check. so its still best to use tv huh? but since i havent really played that much ps2 on tv then i guess its ok. its still a visual upgrade for me,not a downgrade. im still a few bucks short,better head to my aunt and ask for some passing-the-board gift,hehe. i still have to pick up some y-cable for audio and proly a better svid if im not satisfied.
btw,i have no choice, coz only the scph50004 is availble here. and i think thats the latest prior to the 7000x of pstwo

S

·
0 Posts
well, afaik (at least in europe, but then again I have the pstwo model) you should just be able to plug the standard composite cable that comes with it into your tv card...then you could always decide later on if you want a better (svideo) cable for it.
I've tried DreamCast (also shipped default with a composite cable) on a tv card, and I guess it wasn't ideal, but wasn't that bad either. With svideo it was even pretty stunning using DScaler.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
guess i can figure out the cable thing. i was just worried about the graphics coz our tv is color blind. just want to play ffx and gt3 and many others ofcourse. im glad we have members from diff side of the world, making it possible to have quick response coz some1 is always awake. i could resize my window or my res if i need to. thnks guys, ill let u know when i have my ps2.if i can somehow come up with a few greens more. my sis wont even give me the money she borrowed. im already a lil short for my ps2, so a vga box or whatever that is,is not possible.but thanks for the suggestion anyway. i have about 20 games on my list, i hope some are availble n the store

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
if you'll have your ps2 connected to tv card, than please post some screens, I'mo going to buy a ps2 soon, and I'll also connect it to pc :)

thx in advance

·
Registered
175 Posts
PS2? get an XBOX and put in a mod chip, you get much more fun out of it.. better resolution too. or r u gettin it cuz Xbox aint got san andreas yet? :p

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
PiggyFlyer said:
PS2? get an XBOX and put in a mod chip, you get much more fun out of it.. better resolution too. or r u gettin it cuz Xbox aint got san andreas yet? :p
  • This isn't an X-Box vs PS2 thread
  • There are far more than just San Andreas on the PS2 and not on the X-Box.
  • We do not talk of mod-chips here

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
PiggyFlyer said:
same as Kane said and 'BIG' + gfx is not all :eek:nthepull what you can experience

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, i got my ps2. though i havent found any of that cable for the audio to work in stereo. but ive tested the unit as well as the 12 games for a few hours(at my aunts house). here are the games: FFx & x-2, devilmaycry2,budokai3, tekken tag, DOA2,front mission4,nba street 2 and others. ill see if i can get some pics for u KanedA. i havent tried it on pc yet. its too bad they dont have any stock of GT3, gt4 is still a month or so away.
BTW, now i realize how hard it is to play VS games on console,hurts my fingers and im much better in keyboard when it comes to combos(for games like capcom vs...). tekken is fine though. about the xbox, i like the titles of ps2 better than xbox, and gates is rich enough

S

·
0 Posts
you'll get used to the pad eventually...

hm...there's plenty of gt3's (and concept and prologue) left here, but I'm waiting for #4...

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Samor said:
you'll get used to the pad eventually...
like to everything ;) I've to get used to pad also, it took me about half day ;) (EWGF by jin in tekken 3 :D)

Cons I'm thanking you already for shots (/me gots almos all money that I need to purchase PS2 + some addons ;) )

S

·
0 Posts
well, everything... I still can't handle driving games with the DC gamepad quite well.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im a bit bz coz of the floods and all...around us. ill post some as soon as i can. well, im using the analog in VS games, im kinda used n using KB

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Samor said:
well, everything... I still can't handle driving games with the DC gamepad quite well.
maybe it's because of the pad? it is only DC pad ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all of you, I would be happy to share my experience with you. Basicaly I have tried many stuff on the PS-PC related experiments but as far as I have seen the picture quality using PC composite is not as TV no matter what. I once tried to capture the videos of FFX2 using my friend Geforce 5700 VIVO from MSI and I can surely tell that the picture is not colorful ( no vivid colors ) and less bright because you know well that TV pixels illumination is far higher than PC monitor beside that unless you plan to play in 640*480 on your monitor you will see the aliasing of the image so clear because the low resolution of TV eleminate some of them but not all oor lets say it minimize the defects in the picture quality. Of course this is different from each tv-tuner card but lets assume that NIVIDIA graphics card video in is superior than regular capture card unless you have a professional one like pinncale or matrox.
I still wanted to know the difference if one used the VGA box for PS2 that Sony mentioned it in the PS2 manual but I could not find such a piece.
For me I also have an audio problem because my JVC flat TV has mono audio but recently I have overcome this problem by using an adapter that come with Creative 5.1 speakers I was able to take R+L channels from the audio cables of PS2 and plug them into the Line-in in my Creative sound card and using a speaker or headphone in the output from the sound card I was able to listen to stereo sound at last. But bare in mind that you MUST disconnect the antenna from the TV or a Buzz sound will appear due to GROUND LOOP EFFECT or you can use a proper Shiel filter cable to isolate the cables and it costs around 16$.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts