Next Generation Emulation banner

PS4 or Xbox360?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
!
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XBOX 360 or PS3?....frankly i'm confused,360 is cheaper than ps3 and is been hac...never mind,the only thing telling me that don't buy the 360 is the joystick,the gamepad is below,and i used to ps joystick,i've never bought xbox.
and one thing metal gear 4 is exclusively on ps3:(...what do u think?;)

sorry i wrote ps4 in the poll.. i meant ps3 of course:emb:

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
I'm going to be saving to buy a 360 down the line...

$299.99 model...

·
Banned
303 Posts
360 for sure!!! its got better games better online better gfx card better controller better price better community better exclusives better better better :)

my bro has ps3 and GTAIV runs at a lower res LOL it looks like crap, compare any game thats on both systems and 360 will allways have better frame rates and better shading/gfx

the only thing i see the ps3 has going for it is GT5 and im not impressed with GT5 prologe at all... so it may not even have that going for it when forza 3 drops

and sure MGS4 is good but its more of a movie then a game,and i wouldnt be surprised if it ever comes out on 360 that it would actually look better, and for peeps who think it can only fit on a blue ray disk ,do you know all the music is uncompressed and could be compressed to keep data size down BIGTIME, two dual layer dvds could do it easy

·
!
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
360 for sure!!! its got better games better online better gfx card better controller better price better community better exclusives better better better :)

my bro has ps3 and GTAIV runs at a lower res LOL it looks like crap, compare any game thats on both systems and 360 will allways have better frame rates and better shading/gfx

the only thing i see the ps3 has going for it is GT5 and im not impressed with GT5 prologe at all... so it may not even have that going for it when forza 3 drops

and sure MGS4 is good but its more of a movie then a game,and i wouldnt be surprised if it ever comes out on 360 that it would actually look better, and for peeps who think it can only fit on a blue ray disk ,do you know all the music is uncompressed and could be compressed to keep data size down BIGTIME, two dual layer dvds could do it easy
you kidding me?..
360 gfx better than ps3?oO
and name good games exclusives on xbox360...except Gears of war 2:)

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Xbox 360.

I wouldn't spend my cash on either but if I had to choose. It's cheaper and most games that stay on either one or the other system aren't worth playing anyway or are relatively similar in enjoyment.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
you kidding me?..
Fable 2, but that's all coming up right now. As for graphics, the 360 may be better, since it's the leading console with the PS3 having framerate problems. Multiplatform games aren't a reason to base your decision on at least, and if it would, then you'd better get a new GPU for your PC.

The way I reason now is that if you want to have a general gaming machine you're best off getting a 360. If you want something with exclusive titles you get a PS3 or PC, depending on your preference. There's no reason to get this noisy little microsoft box other than convenience.

·
Banned
303 Posts
you kidding me?..
the 360 gfx card is better simple as that

* 1XR

A

* Absolute: Blazing Infinity
* Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
* Aegis Wing
* America's Army: True Soldiers
* Amped 3
* Apocalypse: Desire Next
* Assault Heroes 2
* Axiom: Overdrive

B

* Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
* Bankshot Billiards 2
* Basement Pool
* Battlezone (XBLA)
* Beat'n Groovy
* Beautiful Katamari
* Blue Dragon
* Blue Dragon 2
* Bomberman Live
* Bomberman: Act Zero
* Boom Boom Rocket
* Bullet Witch

C

* Carcassonne (video game)
* Castle Crashers
* Catan
* Chromehounds
* Cloning Clyde
* Coffeetime Crosswords
* Commanders: Attack of the Genos
* Crackdown
* Crazy Mouse
* Culdcept Saga

D

* Dance Dance Revolution Universe
* Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2
* Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3
* Dancing Stage Universe
* Dancing Stage Universe 2
* Dash of Destruction
* Dead or Alive 4
* Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
* Dead or Alive: Code Chronos
* Demons of Mercy
* Diario: Rebirth Moon Legend
* Discs of Tron
* The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
* Domino Master
* Double D Dodgeball

E

* Earth Defense Force 2017
* Every Extend Extra Extreme
* Every Party

F

* F.E.A.R. Files
* Fable II
* Fable II Pub Games
* Forza Motorsport 2
* Forza Motorsport 3

F cont.

* Frogger 2 (XBLA)
* Full Auto
* FunTown Mahjong
* Fuzion Frenzy 2

G

* Galaga Legions
* Gears of War 2
* Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
* Gin Rummy (XBLA)
* Go! Go! Break Steady
* Golf: Tee It Up!
* Guilty Gear 2: Overture

H

* Halo 3
* Halo 3: ODST
* Halo Wars
* Halo: Chronicles
* Hexic 2
* HoopWorld

I

* The Idolmaster: Live For You!
* Import Tuner Challenge
* Infinite Undiscovery

J

* Jetpac Refuelled

K

* Kameo: Elements of Power
* Kengo: Legend of the 9
* Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
* A Kingdom for Keflings

L

* Lips (video game)
* Little Gamers (video game)
* Lost Cities (video game)
* Lost Odyssey
* Love Football

M

* MLB Stickball
* Marble Blast Ultra
* Mobile Ops: The One Year War
* MotoGP '06
* Mr. Driller Online
* Mutant Storm Empire
* Mutant Storm Reloaded

N

* Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
* Naruto: The Broken Bond
* Ninety-Nine Nights
* Ninety-Nine Nights II
* Ninja Blade
* Ninja Gaiden II (2008 video game)
* Novadrome

O

* Omega Five
* Operation Darkness
* The Outfit (video game)
* Over G Fighters

P

* Pac-Man Championship Edition
* Perfect Dark Zero
* Pinball FX
* Poker Smash
* Project Gotham Racing 3
* Project Gotham Racing 4
* Project Sylpheed

R

* Race Pro
* Raiden Fighters Aces
* Raiden IV
* Ridge Racer 6
* Rocket Riot
* Rocky and Bullwinkle (video game)
* Rumble Roses XX

S

* Saints Row (video game)
* Scene It? Box Office Smash
* Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action
* Schizoid (video game)
* Screwjumper!
* Shadow Assault: Tenchu
* Shed (videogame)
* Shred Nebula
* Shrek n' Roll
* Small Arms (video game)
* Soltrio Solitaire
* South Park (XBLA)
* Spectral Force 3: Innocent Rage
* Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe (XBLA)
* SpongeBob SquarePants: Underpants Slam
* Spyglass Board Games
* Star Ocean: The Last Hope
* Street Trace NYC

T

* Tales of Vesperia
* Tenchu Z
* Tengai Makyou Ziria: Haruka naru Jipang
* Tetris Splash
* Tetris: The Grand Master
* Texas Hold 'em (video game)
* The Maw (video game)
* Ticket to Ride (video game)
* Too Human
* TotemBall

U

* Undertow (video game)
* Unnamed Treasure Shooter
* Uno Rush
* User talk:DranzerX13/Sandbox

V

* Vigilante 8 Arcade
* Viva Piñata: Party Animals
* Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

W

* WarTech: Senko No Ronde
* Wing Commander Arena
* Wits and Wagers (video game)
* Word Puzzle (video game)
* Worms (2007 video game)

X

* Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged

Y

* Yaris (video game)
* You're in the Movies

Z

* Zegapain NOT
* Zegapain XOR
* Zom

And thats not even including any games that are on 360/pc that ARNT on ps3:lol::lol::lol:

also ill be playing "the lost and damned: GTAIV DLC on feb 17th exclusive to 360 HAHAHAHA:thumb:

Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy are now on xbox also MAHAHA

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
I just wish I could play Tetris the Grand Master in the states, it's Asia only on the 360.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Il be buying whichever is cheapest when ff13 comes or if ff13 comes out sooner on one il be buying that ^^ i dont really play console games that much nowadays mainly pc games.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
I won't buy any. Too expensive. I prefer to buy some serious PC hardware instead.

Il be buying whichever is cheapest when ff13 comes or if ff13 comes out sooner on one il be buying that ^^ i dont really play console games that much nowadays mainly pc games.
Ha ! I'll simply borrow my friend's PS3 to play FF13. I'm not gonna waste my sweat money on a 800$ console. That's the Playstation 3 and 360 prices around here.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
the 360 gfx card is better simple as that

--SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM--

And thats not even including any games that are on 360/pc that ARNT on ps3:lol::lol::lol:

also ill be playing "the lost and damned: GTAIV DLC on feb 17th exclusive to 360 HAHAHAHA:thumb:

Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy are now on xbox also MAHAHA
Why would you list, like, all the exclusives? There's barely a game in that whole list I would consider playing. I owned a 360. It bored the piss out of me. Almost all the decent games for it are available for PC anyway, which is far better. I sold it. I now own a PS3, and yes the gfx are superior.

edit: And regarding Final Fantasy...it was developed for PS3 and now it's being ported to the 360, which has less power. Do you honestly think it will look as good? No.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts

Fanboy ??

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
We have both consoles here in my apartment. I own a 360 and my roommate got a PS3 just last week.

Personally, I think both are great systems. The PS3 has Blu-Ray, rechargeable controllers, and free online play. The 360 has more comfortable controllers (in my opinion) and a cleaner GUI and better online service. It also has a great price.

Aside from the crazy high price, the wonky controllers, and the generally more poor online experience, I would say the PS3 is the better system. However, both have their caveats and so I keep them at equal grounds right now.

For those throwing the graphics card: The PS3 is capable of more, but the only game thus far to really show it off is Killzone II. Everything else I've seen still looks 360-level.

EDIT: VVVV
XBOX 360 is more powerful...
I have no idea where people are getting that information :/

·
代言人
7,175 Posts
Xbox:
  • 337 million transistors[citation needed]
  • 500 mhz 10 mib daughter embedded dram (edram) framebuffer on 65 nm process.
    • nec designed edram die includes additional logic (192 parallel pixel processors) for color, alpha compositing, z/stencil buffering, and anti-aliasing called “intelligent memory” (edram), giving developers 4-sample anti-aliasing at very little performance cost.
    • 105 million transistors [2]
    • 8 render output units
      • maximum pixel fillrate: 4 gigapixel per second (8 rops x 500 mhz)
      • maximum z sample rate: 8 gigasamples per second (2 z samples x 8 rops x 500 mhz), 32 gigasamples per second using 4x anti aliasing (2 z samples x 8 rops x 4x aa x 500 mhz)[1]
      • maximum anti-aliasing sample rate: 16 gigasamples per second (4 aa samples x 8 rops x 500 mhz)[1]
  • 500 mhz parent gpu on 65 nm tsmc process of total 232 million transistors
    • 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically-scheduled shader pipelines[3]
      • unified shading architecture (each pipeline is capable of running either pixel or vertex shaders)
      • 10 flops per pipeline per cycle
      • maximum vertex count: 1.5 billion vertices per second ( (48 shader pipelines x 500 mhz) / 16)
      • maximum polygon count: 500 million triangles per second[3] (1.5 billion vertices / 3 vertices per triangle)
      • maximum shader operations: 48 billion per second
      • 240 gflops (10 flops x 48 shader pipelines x 500 mhz)[4]
      • memexport shader function
    • 16 texture filtering units (tf) and 16 texture addressing unit (ta)
      • 16 filtered samples per clock
        • maximum texel fillrate: 8 gigatexel per second (16 textures x 500 mhz)
      • 16 unfiltered texture samples per clock
    • maximum dot product operations: 24 billion per second
    • support for a superset of directx 9.0c api directx xbox 360, and shader model 3.0
  • cooling: Both the gpu and cpu of the console have heatsinks. The cpu's heatsink uses heatpipe technology, to efficiently conduct heat from the cpu to the fins of the heatsink. The heatsinks are actively cooled by a pair of 60 mm exhaust fans.
PS3:
  • 550 MHz on 90 nm process (planned to be shrunk to 65 nm for current models [4])
  • Based on NV47 Chip (Nvidia GeForce 7800 Architecture)
    • 300+ million transistors
    • Multi-way programmable parallel floating-point shader pipelines
      • Independent pixel/vertex shader architecture
      • 24 parallel pixel-shader ALU pipes
      • 8 parallel vertex pipelines
      • Programmable shader Floating Point Operations per Second: ~200 GFLOPs
        • The original marketing claimed 1.8 TFLOPs, this number is believed to include fixed functions such as texture interpolation
    • 24 texture filtering units (TF) and 8 vertex texture addressing units (TA)
      • 24 filtered samples per clock
        • Maximum texel fillrate: 13.2 GigaTexels per second (24 textures * 550 MHz)
      • 32 unfiltered texture samples per clock, ( 8 TA x 4 texture samples )
    • 8 Render Output units / pixel rendering pipelines
      • Peak pixel fillrate (theoretical): 4.4 Gigapixel per second
      • Maximum Z sample rate: 8.8 GigaSamples per second (2 Z-samples * 8 ROPs * 550 MHz)
      • Maximum anti-aliasing sample rate: 17.6 GigaSamples per second (4 AA samples * 8 ROPs * 550 MHz)
    • Maximum Dot product operations: 51 billion per second
    • 128-bit pixel precision offers rendering of scenes with High dynamic range rendering (HDR)
    • 256 MB GDDR3 RAM at 700 MHz
      • 128-bit memory bus width
      • 22.4 GB/s read and write bandwidth
    • Cell FlexIO bus interface
      • 20 GB/s read to the Cell and XDR memory
      • 15 GB/s write to the Cell and XDR memory
    • Support for OpenGL ES 2.0
    • Support for S3TC texture compression [5]
Basically HD2xxx vs GeForce 7800

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
I read an interview from one of the developers of the processors for both the PS3 and the 360. He says in the end the systems achieve about the same result due to the flaws in each system (360 processor, PS3 memory, graphics card). That is coming from the man who basically part designed the meat and potatoes of each system.

If I were to recommend a system, all I would do is throw them the games catelogue and let them pick for themselves, but knowing that kokogoal is a big fan of the metal gear games I would say get the PS3 dude.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts