Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm having troubles when using cookies with IE lately. It didn't happen before, but now it seems that it can't store cookies properly. For example, when I try to enter NGEmu, I'm always logged off, and I can't stay logged in for much time, cuz suddenly I get logged off, I have to log in again. This doesn't happen to some sites(my cookies are working fine with ign.com), but i don't think the problem is from NGEmu, because when I'm using Netscape, cookies work fine with NGEmu. I checked, and cookies are enabled in IE config. If my specs are needed, check my profile. I'm not using any firewall, or proxy. Does anybody know the name of the file(cookie) that keeps the data from NGEmu? I can't find it anywhere. Anybody have any suggestions?:confused:

PS: M$ sucks:rockets:

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Zephon
Hey guys, I'm having troubles when using cookies with IE lately. It didn't happen before, but now it seems that it can't store cookies properly. For example, when I try to enter NGEmu, I'm always logged off, and I can't stay logged in for much time, cuz suddenly I get logged off, I have to log in again. This doesn't happen to some sites(my cookies are working fine with ign.com), but i don't think the problem is from NGEmu, because when I'm using Netscape, cookies work fine with NGEmu. I checked, and cookies are enabled in IE config. If my specs are needed, check my profile. I'm not using any firewall, or proxy. Does anybody know the name of the file(cookie) that keeps the data from NGEmu? I can't find it anywhere. Anybody have any suggestions?:confused:

Are you using IE6? If so, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy and adjust the settings. The easiest way to solve this problem it to set it to "Accept All Cookies".

[]s Badaro

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts

I was having this problem too... but after some loggins now I´m logged forever, I can´t sai you much but seems like is for confirming you are really wanting that option, I think

Hey Im not expert ^^

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Using IE6? I had the same thing. Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Advanced>check Override Automatic Cookie Handling.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, but nope, I'm not using IE6. I'm using IE 5.5. Cookies are enabled in the Options menu, and I really don't know what is causing the problem. I tried reinstalling it, and the problem still persists(of course, the installation recovers all my previous settings, but at least I'm sure no file is corrupted).

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by robi_wan_kenobi
just try to fully remove it, uninstal + delete folders, and then install the I.E 6.0 it is way better than IE 5.5.
Hmmm. upgrading to IE6 is an idea, but I'd like some more feedback on it. Hey guys, is IE6 really better than IE5.5?
I have a slow computer(PII400+64MB), so I don't know if it's a good idea to do it. Please give me some feedback.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,073 Posts
hi zephon,

I got cookie problems with IE too ( i tried every settings for the cookies,but useless)... It just does not work at some websites, and i am forced to use Nescape for those sites.

And i just installed IE6.0 about 1 month ago, to be frankly, i dont notice any improvement. But anyway, i encourage u to install it, since some of my friends told me it is faster.

Btw, upgrading to IE6.0 does not fix my cookie probs.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts

Hmmm. upgrading to IE6 is an idea, but I'd like some more feedback on it. Hey guys, is IE6 really better than IE5.5?
I have a slow computer(PII400+64MB), so I don't know if it's a good idea to do it. Please give me some feedback.
I installed IE6 a couple of months ago, and it shows me a crap-out error all the time, i don't even know what the heck causes it.. i don't think upgrading to IE6 is worth it at all..

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thx all you guys for the replies. I dunno what to do about IE, so I think I'll give IE6 a shot. If I don't like, I'll come back to IE5

Nightmare: I don't think that's the case, since cookies worked perfectly with NGEmu until some time ago, and now they suddenly stopped working.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,073 Posts
Thx all you guys for the replies. I dunno what to do about IE, so I think I'll give IE6 a shot. If I don't like, I'll come back to IE5

Nightmare: I don't think that's the case, since cookies worked perfectly with NGEmu until some time ago, and now they suddenly stopped working.
My IE cookies worked perfect for those sites until i reformatted my com and reinstalled everything..( i just cant reinstall my com again to fix those probs since i have to back up too many things if i want to reformat my comp.. :( ).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts