Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we got such a great feedback response in my post in the other thread, I think I will create another thread for just this. Keep the feedback coming! [/sarcasm]

If you got another suggestion for a catheogry, please post it here. We will be accepting drafts for suggestions till November the 28th, so this is your last chance, don't miss it
No really, this is your chance to actually make your voice be heard. :)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Here are my suggested categories to start the discussion :

Newest Member of the Year 2005
Member of the Year 2005
Thread of the Year 2005
Project of the Year 2005
Signature of the Year 2005
Contributor of the Year 2005
Moderator of the Year 2005
Admin of the Year 2005
Fanboy of the year 2005
Game of the year 2005
IRC Freak of the year 2005
N00b of the year 2005
Newsposter of the year 2005
Emu Author/Developer of the year 2005

·
[Insert Ad Here]
333 Posts
A couple I could come up with:

Quote/Post of the Year 2005
Desktop of the Year 2005 (Only thing I have a chance at :p)
Artist of the Year 2005
Member Picture of the Year 2005

·
[Insert Ad Here]
333 Posts
Proto said:
We already have a member picture of the year, it is the avatar of the year award :) However, what do you refer to with artist of the year?
I was thinking about real pics from the "People of Ngmeu post your photos..." thread. I saw some silly and cool pics there so I thought the best of the bunch could have an award.

For the Artist of the year. I was referring to original artwork or artistic photo a member took or created outside the avatar and sigs realm. I'm not sure if the original art was active enough this year to make an award for it though.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I am not so sure about the real picture thingy coz its highly doubtful how many of them are geniune original shots (May be I am wrong, stopped watching that thread long time ago).

I'm not sure if the original art was active enough this year to make an award for it though.
Same feelings here.

Quote/Post of the year : Thats a good idea but IMO it depends on the mood of the thread. Sometimes even a single smiley creates a big impression while sometimes those superb 200 lines offtopic posts seem useless.

Desktop of the year is a thumbs up from me.

·
[Insert Ad Here]
333 Posts
Prafull said:
I am not so sure about the real picture thingy coz its highly doubtful how many of them are geniune original shots (May be I am wrong, stopped watching that thread long time ago).
I haven't constantly kept up with the either so I was basing the thread off a page or two. :emb:

Prafull said:
Quote/Post of the year : Thats a good idea but IMO it depends on the mood of the thread. Sometimes even a single smiley creates a big impression while sometimes those superb 200 lines offtopic posts seem useless.
I guess splitting the two could help, maybe having the best original quote and then the funniest post of the year.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm... the only problem I see with thread of the year and artist of the year is that they are too bound-specific to a single thread, instead of being related to the whole board... but they are nonetheless quite interesting :)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Whew, that would be a lot of thread searching for a nomination :p

I really like the idea of artworkj of the year and member pic of the year. :D Man, some of those member pics were really cool from this year ;) But remember the artowrk thread, had many submissions from 2005, so there is quite a bit of material to nominate people on :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
uhm "Member Picture of the Year 2005"
somehing like mister ngemu 2005? Ô.ô yauz! :p

if we talk about artist, whats about the photographing one? in my opinion thats also art :3 (if there are still that kinds of photos in gerneral picture thread)

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
heh! all of this is cool, i like the idea =) but i don't think i'll win smth this year, i'm just too young here ^^
oh yeah i know! "N00b of the year"! :D
Serioulsy, i like the idea of best desktop and best quote. Some quotes are really fun.
Also, a bit "off-forum", but I'd like to see the best README file in the year! man, there're some readmes that are a piece of heaven! :D

From ReadmeorDie.txt said:
>> REQUIREMENTS <<

1. A PC :p Minimum PC Requirements: NOT DEFINED, you need a relatively good one.
2. A Psx bios dump, from your console.
3. A Human brain, sufficiently functioning for all of your tinkering needs. j/k :p
============================================================
>> DISCLAIMER/LEGAL <<

This software is freeware and may be used freely, distributed as-is,
but without any guarantees or warranties whatsoever. It is
not the author's responsibility if the program eats your harddrive,
steals your girlfriend, kills your cat, stabs you with a knife or
screws up your PC. So dont you go crawling to your momma that
somebody broke your wookie. If you do not agree to this conditions
then delete this program asap.
:D XEVEN THE GREATEST BATARD!!! :D :D :D

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Reading readme's? What were you smoking? :p

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Reading readme's? What were you smoking?
believe me, nothing. i think its something related to a new love around :p
yeah, but you should read some readmes - some of them are worthy =D
ah, but if you have best quote/post, why not the "best" offtopic message? (but I mean the TRULY spam, a message with nothing to do with thread. one really funny you know).
i'll try to catch more useless ideas :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Kazuya Mishima said:
What about best average member of the year? Now i could have some chance :innocent:

Best desktop of the year sounds good and a thread about real pictures of all of us will be a good idea. It has been a while since i posted a picture of mine. Any link?
Do you mean this thread?

Are you suggesting we should make a pimp of the year award in which we post pictures of ourselves? Sounds like a nice idea :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.