Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
DesMuMe Bug Catcher
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lino has released the new version of iDeaS, taking the version to the 1.0.3.0 for both version. Here is the news:

Windows

Fixed bug in showing SaveState's Menu.
Fixed bug in SSE's rotuines.
Fixed bug in VRAMCNT_C register.

Linux

Fixed a bug in video memory writing.
Fixed a bug in SWI Breakpoints (now are SWI 0xFD000, 0xFC000 in ARM mode and SWI 0xFD and 0xFC in THUMB mode).
Fixed a bug when resizing debugger window.
Fixed a bug in LISTRAM_COUNT register.
Fixed a bug that occur when you load a savestate (no more lcd swapping).
Fixed bug in Display Capture feature. (DISPCAPCNT).
Fixed bug in DMAxCNT registers when starting mode is 4.
Fixed bugs in BGxCNT registers.
Fixed a bug in VRAM Display.
Fixed bug in rendering of polygons with alpha channel in textures.
Fixed bug in VRAMCNT_A and VRAMCNT_B registers.
Added SpeedUp Button (CTRL+Space Bar).
Added BKPT opcode for ARM and THUMB state.
Added Main Memory rendering (only Display Capture).
Rewritten some routines in the management of asm instructions.
Fixed some bugs in GUI.

AceKard Plugin

Added support for AK2 (A special thanks to AceKard Team for free samples).

Microphone Plugin

Added support for Microphone Plugins.
HERE for download.

If there are big problems with some games write here or in the IdeaS Forum! Thanks for feedback! ;)

·
Registered
828 Posts
I've a question: what are the names for the BIOS/firmware files?
Because, in the settings, I can see options to use external BIOS/firmware images, but I can't see options for their names, and the default names aren't anywhere (not to mention, bios7.bin/bios9.bin/firmware.bin don't work).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yes, I forgotten update the readme.txt :D . However you must write in your Software.ini some lines like these
Code:
bios9=,1,[[i]file name[/i]]
bios7=,1,[[i]file name[/i]]
firmware=,1,[[i]file name[/i]]

·
Registered
828 Posts
Not very easy for newbies. But as I'm not a newbie, I should be able to do so...
I suggest you add fields for the names of these files.

EDIT: btw, boot from BIOS doesn't work. It hangs on a black screen, no matter which game you try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried iDeaS 1.0.3.0 and I can say that it is a complete garbage.

It is way behind DeSmuME and NO$GBA in terms of performance

·
Registered
828 Posts
You shouldn't be that hard. Developing an emu isn't something easy.

But still, there's no improvement at all. That's the main problem with iDeaS: too many versions that are identical in apparence. Each version has lots of bugfixes that infact don't improve anything in apparence, maybe internally they fix stuff, but I can't remark anything. All the games I test don't run better. But maybe other games run better. I can't tell. However, from time to time, we get a noticeable change.
Oh, and also, the sound plugin! We need somebody to fix that ****ing sound plugin! Lino never fixes it. I PM'd him to propose him my help for it, but he hasn't answered yet.

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
Indeed!

·
Registered
828 Posts
He did. I think he'd rather die than give that code.
But I've a question: is him deaf or whatever? because the sound really doesn't sound as good as on the DS.

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
I'm over it:D

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
No. This is simply the final 1.0.3.0 version, compared to 1.0.3.0 beta. It's not the final version of iDeaS.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
teelow,

your signature is too big. Accord to the rules, I think.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Wait so is this like the final verison ???
Not exactly. It's just the final 1.0.3.0 version, the next version number will be 1.0.3.1 .

BTW, I agree with RockmanForte. Your signature is huge and makes the forum look unclear. But, wait, isn't the sig size rule only for images?

EDIT:
Please keep your signatures small. Large signatures make the board look untidy and reduce performance for our 56k users. As a guide signatures should not be larger than 500x100x20k for signatures hosted on ngemu, or 500x130 in dimension and 25k in filesize otherwise. Members who break these guidelines will have their rights to a signature removed.
The biggest image in your sig (499 x 88) almost meets the signature size limit by itself. Sure the whole sig is above that limit.
Friendly tip: remove that signature before an admin removes your signature right.

But we're going offtopic here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts