Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been looking through the FAQs and info on the graphics plugins and Pete's OpenGL plugin, and I'm curious if there's a "best" set of settings to use in general? I've tried the "nice" mode and it looks quite good, but I get some music skipping and popping noises on FMV like a CD that's scratched. (And this is reading a Chrono Cross image from the HD, not using CD-ROM.) I got some settings from a friend which smooth FMV nicely and cut down on some of the clipping (but not all) except the smoothing creates nasty glitches in other areas. I think my computer is beefy enough to take good settings, so here are the specs (I hope these are all you need)

Windows XP Pro
3.2Ghz Pentium 4
1GB RAM
DirectX 9.0c
Nvidia GeForce 6800 128MB

Also I'm using Eternal SPU for sound, if that matters. Cheers if you have any advice beyond just using the "nice" settings. The manuals have plenty of tweaking options for the gfx plugin that I'm not entirely sure how to use. ^^;

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I was told before that the problem lay in the GFX config and not the audio (my friend figured the video was lagging and causing the audio to desync) however audio tweaking was what I needed. I turned the buffer down to 32 and it got several times worse (constant clipping) so then I turned it back to 64 and then to 128. 128 seems to be the magic # for me. ;) Perfect audio. I also have the GFX configured well now, too. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.