Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
oki, ive been reading some bad critics to this ICQ2000b, its 5MB ( :eek: ) and i think it eats up a lot of ram..

so, what is the best prog to access ICQ (one that lets me chat w/ ppl w/ the prog i said above)

any ideas apreciated ;)

uh, anyone... plz?

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
i was using 1 the otherday which had icq/msn/yahoo/mirc and more in it as well.
Could b worth a look if u use all these progs at the same time and wanna save mem..
Cant remember the name of though soz , I ditched it as I couldnt use the icq send file feature..

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
I think the program onejaz is talking about is Trillian. I use it and it's pretty good. The only bad thing is that you can't use file transfers (except for irc but I haven't tried it yet) and I don't think you can have group chats either. I use it and I like it. Try it out. But if you send/receive files or have group chats a lot you should go with ICQ but in a future verision of Trillian, they will implement that stuff. I recommend keeping the link if ICQ does use up too much RAM.

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
Yeah Snake thats the program I was talkin about.
It seemed pretty cool untill I found there was no send feture on the ICQ part.
J:cool:Z

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jes installed ICQ the 5 mb version ;) and this thing is damn weird! i jes want a program to chat on ICQ jesusz..

is there any prog that can make me chat w/ other pppl on ICQ and have my own number but not as strange as this one?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
ICQ sucks,I hate it!
Why does everyone use it then?

·
Registered
965 Posts
np.

If you have trouble with the current release build (read: stable), try one of the nightly builds here.

Also, don't forget to try the plugins, such as Conversation-Style Messaging, History+, or Lizard.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
What's different about this Miranda ICQ? It's the first time I hear about it, and I want to know if it's really worth installing.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, ICQ is shitty, huge, w/ loads of useless stuff and eats up lotsa Ram. Miranda is jes to chat and u dont install it, its a zip ;) i really find it better than ICQ

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hum, whenever im chattin w/ someone, insted of my nick it appears my number (on my screen. is this normal?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts