Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know at most final fantasy series they have remade, Exsept one, Final fantasy mystic quest for snes!, I would love to see that one remade on nintendo ds!

I was having a go last night on snes9x!

Do you think it should be remade?

Is it funny how this game has slipt past?

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
An exact copypaste with just stylus function added, for 'differentiation' ?
Best stick with the Snes version.
They made 'remakes' of FF1 priced in the same range as normal PSP games, yet the only way the game was 'improved' was with FF5-style sprites and 3d FMVs (and transition effects like smooth battle swirls. Wow). Not quite acceptable, as remakes are supposed to be improved versions, not merely rehashes withminor updates.

Snes versions -> win.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Not to mention that's just about the least liked FF title ever, so it's highly unlikely to get a remake.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I liked when they made all the originals I-VI for PSX. It didn't really bother me that they didn't actually "re-make" them as they didn't suck to begin with. And as getting a working SNES means hard work and cash plus possibly getting screwed over on e-bay(or the like) it was nice ot get them for a newer console...Of course you could use emulators but if you have PSX why go there... Especially Getting FFVI for PSX was sweet!:D

Haven't played FF mystic quest but didn't it kind of, like suck?

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
I liked when they made all the originals I-VI for PSX. It didn't really bother me that they didn't actually "re-make" them as they didn't suck to begin with. And as getting a working SNES means hard work and cash plus possibly getting screwed over on e-bay(or the like) it was nice ot get them for a newer console...Of course you could use emulators but if you have PSX why go there... Especially Getting FFVI for PSX was sweet!:D

Haven't played FF mystic quest but didn't it kind of, like suck?
In my impression it sucks, but I like a few games that suck. I occasionally play Pac Man *Atari 2600* and my girlfriend yells at me to turn the freaking sound *noise* down. It's a nostalgia thing.

:evil: :innocent:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't think Mystic Quest sucked, I just think it completely failed to live up to the expectations of existing Final Fantasy fans while also failing to draw in new players. I think it would have had a better reputation if only Square hadn't tacked Final Fantasy onto its name in an obvious effort to boost sales. Similar to the more recent Crystal Chronicles. I don't remember anyone complaining about Final Fantasy Adventure, though that game was clearly made of awesome, and to be fair, Gameboy games weren't held to as high a standard.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
I played Mystic Quest on my Snes a long time ago, got it from a friend and was hooked to it.
I didn't have nothing else to play, not even a pc, so I liked it and finished it.
It was too easy and predictable.
It tried to be funny sometimes, but imo is not worthy of a remake.

·
PReP - Lizard of Reason
870 Posts
FFT remake now or GTFO
Hasn't new games in the final fantasy tactics series (if that is what you meant) already been made for alot of consoles, like ps1, gba and so?

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
wow there are alot fans of rpg games ....the only rpg game that i have played is Digimon world 2.....
:rotflmao: The only thing that is lamer than pokemon!

I'm not even counting emos now!:evil:

But seriously!?!oO You've never played any other RPG??? Or do you mean just jrpg's? Never played Diablo, Baldurs Gate, fallouts, neverwinter nights etc...

That makes me sad:(

·
!
6,312 Posts
:rotflmao: The only thing that is lamer than pokemon!

I'm not even counting emos now!:evil:

But seriously!?!oO You've never played any other RPG??? Or do you mean just jrpg's? Never played Diablo, Baldurs Gate, fallouts, neverwinter nights etc...

That makes me sad:(
no i swear radix the only rpg game i have played that i mentioned..but i'm thinking now to play final fantasy series..;) as well as star ocean:D

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
You know a genre is stagnant when all people want are remakes of games they liked (and have already played countless times) growing up.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts